New Releases December 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Releases December 2014

Doesn't seem to be one of these threads yet.

Áine O'Dwyer's "Music For Church Cleaners" makes the leap from tape to vinyl and so becomes acceptable to this forum.

http://mie.limitedrun.com/products/5...l-i-and-ii-2lp

Between this and the Night Terror's "Pavor Nocturnis" this is a vintage year for lps recorded on church organs.
    Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

A taster of the forthcoming Holy lp. Can't find a physical format for this yet. Download only it seems. I don't generally do that, just flagging this up in anticipation of a slab of vinyl somewhere along the line!http://noisey.vice.com/en_se/read/vi...-of-your-heart
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Released in France last month, but apparently only just available in the UK, debut LP from Forever Pavot 'Rhapsode'

Not sure if it's in the shops yet, picked up my copy from last night's gig in Manchester. The record is mostly M Emile Sornin, but the touring band ain't too shabby!
      OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Comment

The See No Evils - Hanging around / Runaway out now on Heavy Soul. Mine turned up today. Top drawer neo garage punker with ringing 12s and fuzz. Happy Christmas to me

Comment

outstanding raer jazz... over £20 everywhere i've seen but worth the pennies if you can spare 'em.

Comment

Ace sleeve on that Israeli jazz reissue! Which reminds me…

Reissue of Braen’s Machine “Quarta Pagina” due early Jan. LP and CD. Google shows the OG sleeve – also ace.

A quick search doesn’t tell me much about the music. Anyone care to favour us with an analysis?

Comment

Originally posted by alanmck View Post

outstanding raer jazz... over £20 everywhere i've seen but worth the pennies if you can spare 'em.

+1 on the Jazz Workshop (which is £16.09 at Norman Records).

Comment

I checked out the Braens Machine on Juno (they have soundclips), and discovered Schema had reissued the fantastic Perez Prado Love Child lp. Complete killer lp. £16 for a double, with a free cd? No brainer.
                http://www.juno.co.uk/products/perez...fio/551078-01/

This tune off the lp is also on a handy 45

Comment

Originally posted by alanmck View Post

playing as we speak
                  Rockwell
                  Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

It hadn't occurred to me that there might be clips already. As it happens for me they are a bit inconclusive. They are a bit on the short side. What I can hear doesn't suggest that any of those tracks are 'must haves'. Not all of the tracks are represented either (unlike the Perez Prado).

The absence of any 'fan' postings on YouTube may or may not be significant. The vinyl being very rare etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X