recommend a record pt.#

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommend a record pt.#

i thought it might be a good thing to have one of these threads again.
    you know, one where you bring up a wonderful under the radar lp or just an album you truly love and think everyone should know.
    something that hasn't been discussed to death on here.

i recently came across this lp in a thrift and instantly fell in love with it. in fact, it hit me very hard!
    gentle and warm ssw lp with a touch of psych. i never heard of it before but it's been on heavy rotation here and i don't think this will change anyday soon.
    you might need this!

DAVID CAMPBELL - SUN WHEEL

Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Tralala Blip - Aussie Dream

http://disembraining.bandcamp.com/album/aussie-dream

http://volcanictongue.com/search/add

Kind of wonky engaging electronica, really wonderful. Recommended!
    some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Doctors of Madness - Late Night Movies, All Night Brainstorms

I first heard this on Sonovox's swap CD last year. I just gave away my copy and bought it again straight away which is why it's next to the turntable. It's completely mental, 70s glam meets punk with Burroughsian lyrics about Woolworths, harmonica, sax and electric violin. No wonder it didn't sell, it sounds to me completely out of time. There are shades of prog, but as one reviewer put it "post-punk before punk even happened". Fantastic record and can actually be had for
      "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

I'd always thought the HUMBLE PIE version this track was one of the best things Stevie Marriott was involved in after The Small Faces.
        However, I'd never heard the original until nabbing a copy of the recent reissue.

Killer deep gospel funk groove.
        To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

I have bigged this one up before, but it's still very near the top of the pile 'round here. If you ain't got it....get it

Everyone tear down your own little wall
          That keeps you from being a part of it all
          Because you've got to be one with the one and all
          You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by Tsundoku View Post
            Yep, top record! Another one included in my swap last year was a track from Kevin Dunn and The Regiment Of Women - The Judgment Of Paris which I think needs more hyping. I would describe it as bonkers post-punk art-rock with eccentric wordplay, erratic guitar, primitive drum machines and testcard synth sounds. The track on the swap was '20000 Years In Sing Sing', a skewed contemplation of how this recording will be viewed in the future - 'everything is stupid in a dozen different futures' - with a drum machine delivering some weird fills and a killer "one note" hook repeated on different instruments. But that's not on YouTube, so here's AG which gives you another slice:

And another thing. In my mind the apex of big band stereo madness arrangements is Rhythm In Motion by Johhny Williams, he who would later become a somewhat well-known film composer. This album never seemed to get much love online, but I included one track on this years swap, and here's another one, check out all the twists and turns he puts it through. Wallop!

Comment

The Passion & Transfiguration Of A Post-Apocalyptic Eunuch by the New Hippies

Don't think this has been mentioned. But its certainly one for the Joe Byrd /Fifty foot Hose /Laser pace crowd. Very kitchensink approach with loads of ideas and experiments (with a strong homage to Zappa) The whole album is here.

http://www.davidsnowmusic.org/PASSION.HTM
              sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

An old fave of mine which I don't think has been talked much about around here. Very nice latin soul/boogaloo w 3 obvious bangers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsundoku View Post

I first heard this on Sonovox's swap CD last year. I just gave away my copy and bought it again straight away which is why it's next to the turntable. It's completely mental, 70s glam meets punk with Burroughsian lyrics about Woolworths, harmonica, sax and electric violin. No wonder it didn't sell, it sounds to me completely out of time. There are shades of prog, but as one reviewer put it "post-punk before punk even happened". Fantastic record and can actually be had for
                  I jst joined the club. Fun record I would have probably left if it wasnt for this thread. Cheers!
                  All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Working...
                  X