Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Tangerine Dream

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • More Tangerine Dream

    I really like "Rubycon" - that warm, Moogy feel. The only other I've heard is "Stratosfear" which I didn't like as much - a bit too synthy. Anything else in the vein of the former I should seek out?


    North of the River Cole

  • #2
    I don't know the Rubycon album so maybe I'm wasting your time but pretty much the only TD I like (off the top of my head) is the Thief soundtrack

    Comment


    • #3
      Do you know Departure FRom The Northern Wasteland by Michael Hoenig? Very TD, worth a listen if that's your bag.

      Everyone tear down your own little wall
      That keeps you from being a part of it all
      Because you've got to be one with the one and all
      You've just got to be close to it all

      Comment


      • #4
        Check out Edgar Froese Stuntman
        MUSHRUMPS Daily party-prog MP3 blog

        Comment


        • #5
          You should check out 'Phaedera', 'Ricochet' and 'Encore' very similar to Rubycon and can be had very cheap. Also as mentioned some of the Edgar Froese solo albums of which I would add 'Aqua' and 'Epsilon in Malaysian Pale'. I have a soft spot for 'Stratosfear' it was one of the first albums by them that I heard however there's only one album I'd avoid from the 70's by them and that's 'Cyclone' as it has dodgy vocals that dominate side 1, that said the tracks without vocals are decent.

          Originally posted by RedX View Post
          I really like "Rubycon" - that warm, Moogy feel. The only other I've heard is "Stratosfear" which I didn't like as much - a bit too synthy. Anything else in the vein of the former I should seek out?


          Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

          Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

          Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

          Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by amidar View Post
            You should check out 'Phaedera'
            This. Cheap as chips too.
            some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by amidar View Post
              You should check out 'Phaedera', 'Ricochet' and 'Encore' very similar to Rubycon and can be had very cheap. Also as mentioned some of the Edgar Froese solo albums of which I would add 'Aqua' and 'Epsilon in Malaysian Pale'. I have a soft spot for 'Stratosfear' it was one of the first albums by them that I heard however there's only one album I'd avoid from the 70's by them and that's 'Cyclone' as it has dodgy vocals that dominate side 1, that said the tracks without vocals are decent.
              Another vote for "ricochet" - remember watching this film backintheday - reel to reels a go go

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm a big fan of the 'Sorcerer' OST. Cheap as chips too. The films not too shoddy either.

                http://www.matpringle.co.uk

                Comment


                • #9
                  Not in the same vein at all but 'Ultima Thule' is awesome!

                  ...just sayin'
                  "..hole...road...middle thereof"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                    Not in the same vein at all but 'Ultima Thule' is awesome!

                    ...just sayin'
                    yep !
                    Rockwell
                    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
                      Another vote for "ricochet" - remember watching this film backintheday - reel to reels a go go

                      I saw that too......I think it was on a Sunday night Mindblowing to a 13 year old.
                      Everyone tear down your own little wall
                      That keeps you from being a part of it all
                      Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                      You've just got to be close to it all

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by treeboy View Post
                        I saw that too......I think it was on a Sunday night Mindblowing to a 13 year old.
                        I never realised it got shown on the telly. I had a bootleg dvd of it I picked up at a computer fair in the early 90s. Suppose it makes sense its not everyday they host gigs at a half bombed out cathedral.
                        Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

                        Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

                        Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

                        Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          OK, thanks for everyone's suggestions. "To buy" list duly updated

                          Incidentally, my CD copy of "Rubycon" is the only CD I've ever owned which now won't play. It's an old Virgin issue, pre barcode, doesn't say it's PDO pressed and is only a bit bronzed on the label side, but my CD player refuses it point blank and if I stick it in my PC it'll play half of it but it sounds like an old hissy record. Very strange. My old Virgin vinyl copies play fine, of course!

                          North of the River Cole

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Even though I've probably got close to a thousand cds (indicating at one point I wasn't averse to the format) I had a little smug internal "told you so" thing going on when I read that. Of course I'm not averse to cds at all, having just received 37 of the little silver beauties.
                            Is it a cd you played a lot? Did you leave it in the sun? Or maybe they get to a certain age and die. Maybe they are the equivalent of men to Tolkiens vinyl Elves At least you have the record still
                            Everyone tear down your own little wall
                            That keeps you from being a part of it all
                            Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                            You've just got to be close to it all

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I think bronzing can come from age.
                              I see it with some old CDs of mine.
                              ON TD talk I am not sure I couold off the top fo my head tell the difference between Rubycon and Stratosfear but I like both. I also have a big big soft spot for Force Maejure.
                              Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

                              John Peel

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X