So if I like.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So if I like.....

Currently digging Johnny Keating and his 27 Men and the Johnny Scott Orch. 'London Swings' and 'All Night Long' S/T
    .....any more big band-ish off the wall Brit jazz I should be looking for?
    Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Johnny Scotts Communication is my fave of his
    on 27 men the best tracks are penned by Basil Kirchin imo , try some of his stuff perhaps

or maybe Stan Butcher Swing Like a B
    or Duncan Lamont ‎ Latin À Lamont

Comment

Comment

Try Tubbs Tours - Tubby Hayes and a biggish band
        Or The Directions in Jazz Unit - jazz combo augmented by a strings - mainly cellos
        Stan Tracey's Big Brass is also good - I love his Latin American Caper which has Don Rendell on it too
        There's a good Ronnie Scott Band LP called something like Live at Ronnie Scott's which has a track called King Pete that is really good - John Surman, Kenny Clare and Gordon Beck are in the band

And if the band doesn't have to be on,y Brit check out Fredrich Gulda's Music for Four Soloists and Big Band - has Tubbs and Scott Harry Roche and Kenny Wheeler as well as Sahib Shihab, Herb Geller, Ron Carter, Freddie Hubbard and Jay Jay Johnson - phew!
        "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Thanks lads...

Some juicy leads. Anymore for anymore?
          Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

Working...
          X