New Year Resolution Wish Thread 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Year Resolution Wish Thread 2015

Okey, am assuming New Year's resolutions around here are a) purge records b) listen to records and c) stop magnetically amassing ones that you never listen to.

Think of all the money we're gonna save!

Assuming this, what one expensive, covetted, most desired record are you going to go out there and bid for in 2015? OR EVEN BETTER if you are not the big fish PayPal type, state you're heart's digging desire here, and in a Noel Edmonds like cosmic answering service, I promise it will arrive pristine in Age UK on your watch.

This is kind of like a wants/karma/resolution thread.

I have been listening to early 60s stuff recently and I have decided that VG+ favourite The Sharades - Dumb Head will be mine this year.

COME TO ME!
    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

I'd like to find the Stereo Shoestring's 'on the road south' in the Stockbridge branch of Shelter please Eine.

* forgot the resolution - down to about 1 expedit of LPs before the end of the year!
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

No purge here....But lot's of stuff I'd like to pull in the wild...A clean copy of this, to replace my two rough copies, that would be a good start! -

http://www.discogs.com/Brass-Alley-T...elease/3799448
      "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Very acute in your summation of the board's wishes. I think everyone reading should pull one unlistened to LP from their shelves and play it now. Maybe I'll start a thread.

I really want the John Bender boxset on Vinyl on Demand - but this is just a question of saving or selling enough to have money for it in my Paypal account.

I would like to find some killer weird UK DIY stuff in a charity shop near me please Eine. Or I'd like to GO HARD on some krautrock OGs but I think I'm probably too tight to make this happen.
        "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

I have resolved to collect as many Expo '70 records, tapes and cd's as I can. So, yeah, get them in Vets For Pets, please.

I am also taking up Eine's challenge to snag a Sharades 45. It will be an epic, often comic battle that will take in every corner of the earth. It will later be filmed starring James Mason and David Niven and loads of guest stars in pointless cameos.
          SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

After finding the Jazz Epistles in 2014 I doubt I have any record karma left!!!!
            But if I were to find something in the local Cancer Research I'd like it to be the Winston Mankunku LP
            Fingers crossed
            "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Macabre/ Macbre - Be forewarned 45
              Grabbeltons - Inflation/ Make Love 45
              Mighty Baby- Egyptian tomb 45
              White Light - William 45
              I'll stop now, or the greed might wipe out any vinyl karma I have left.
              In the Sally Army table top Tuesday sale would be nice, as it's just around the corner.
              Resolution-Lay off the online buys (gulp!)
              Everyone tear down your own little wall
              That keeps you from being a part of it all
              Because you've got to be one with the one and all
              You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                A clean copy of this, to replace my two rough copies, that would be a good start! -
                http://www.discogs.com/Brass-Alley-T...elease/3799448
                Originally posted by Tsundoku View Post
                I would like to find some killer weird UK DIY stuff in a charity shop near me please Eine.
                Granted. This will happen.

Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post
                But if I were to find something in the local Cancer Research I'd like it to be the Winston Mankunku LP
                Fingers crossed
                Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                I'd like to find the Stereo Shoestring's 'on the road south' in the Stockbridge branch of Shelter please Eine.
                Both of you will need to stay very sharp and in tune with the spirits this year. Focus.

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
                Macabre/ Macbre - Be forewarned 45
                Grabbeltons - Inflation/ Make Love 45
                Mighty Baby- Egyptian tomb 45
                White Light - William 45
                I'll stop now, or the greed might wipe out any vinyl karma I have left.
                In the Sally Army table top Tuesday sale would be nice, as it's just around the corner.
                Resolution-Lay off the online buys (gulp!)
                Ack. Wishing for more than one may clog up the karmic corridors. It's the equivalent of calling for four taxis when your lane can only accommodate a Volvo Estate

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
                I am also taking up Eine's challenge to snag a Sharades 45. It will be an epic, often comic battle that will take in every corner of the earth. It will later be filmed starring James Mason and David Niven and loads of guest stars in pointless cameos.
                The dance, as they say, is on, mon ami.
                Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

2014 was the best ever year for me ticking items off my longterm wantslist (both online and in the field).

I put the success down to a non-flossing policy bringing in additional karmic support.

If 2015 proves to be half as good as 2014, I'll be a happy man.
                  new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Can you floss your 2014 finds now Col? Surely that won't upset the karmic balance? I am curious.
                    "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

This is a theologically fascinating thread. I´d be fascinated to hear how Eine squares positive karma with naked desire for material possessions.

Does record karma relate to general good deeds or does it derive from record-related virtue? In the latter case I´d be expecting a lot more ooooffs for Benicio this year.

anyway, i´ve been reading Marcus Aurelius and don´t give a flying toss what shitty records I find any more.
                      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Steady now Col, don't be tempted to upset the balance, after all this time who knows what might happen?

Everyone tear down your own little wall
                        That keeps you from being a part of it all
                        Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                        You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                          This is a theologically fascinating thread. I´d be fascinated to hear how Eine squares positive karma with naked desire for material possessions.

Does record karma relate to general good deeds or does it derive from record-related virtue? In the latter case I´d be expecting a lot more ooooffs for Benicio this year.

anyway, i´ve been reading Marcus Aurelius and don´t give a flying toss what shitty records I find any more.
                          The theology is all drawn from Noel Edmonds and http://thecosmicorderingsite.com/.

There are many theories about how it works, but the general consensus is that at some level we are all connected, our thoughts are creative and energetic and can communicate through the cosmic connections. Whether it is our own creative thoughts, or some other power that finally manifests our desires is a question for each individual and one of the wonderful mysteries of life. The important thing however is that it works.
                          Basically it's caveman level thought that resists contradictions because it just works.

But you shouldn't listen to me. Col is the true seer.

Comment

I would like a copy of Brian Wells fabbo "Paper Party" pretty pretty please.
                            And Alessandroni's "Open Air Parade" tops the list of "LPs I'd like to see reissued in 2015". It would make me most content (not fussed about having the original press if it means saving £££)...
                            Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
                              The theology is all drawn from Noel Edmonds and http://thecosmicorderingsite.com/.

wow that´s brilliant. shall I to order this latin comp directly from the universe to save time, or are you on commission?

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X