Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl's difficult comeback

http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...icult-comeback

Was just coming on to post that - an article about vinyl that's somewhat informative (beginning and end bits, anyway) is a first.

Carl and the Passions- So Tough is not 'largely awful' though.
    Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

Interestingly a local vinyl vendor told me that CD's represent about 2/3 of all new releases sold, incl. vinyl and dls. But apparently no media cares to tell the story bc it's not sexy.

Comment

That Spingsteen playback sounds like my idea of hell.

"He was not a fan of Facebook, or Twitter. “The internet would have been the wet dream of the Stasi,” he said."

Ha ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
          Interestingly a local vinyl vendor told me that CD's represent about 2/3 of all new releases sold, incl. vinyl and dls. But apparently no media cares to tell the story bc it's not sexy.
          Get's a PHWOOOAR from me!

Just today received the Macho Alex CD through the post and eagerly awaiting the gatefold CD reissue of Joe Shlabotnik's 'Golden Throats' too... I'm unfeasibly excited.
          <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Some things sound better on vinyl and some sound better on CD. And not always because the vinyl pressing is of such unbelievably poor quality (TAME IMPALA/MODULAR RECORDS I AM LOOKING AT YOU).
            Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

Originally posted by Mang View Post
              Some things sound better on vinyl and some sound better on CD. And not always because the vinyl pressing is of such unbelievably poor quality (TAME IMPALA/MODULAR RECORDS I AM LOOKING AT YOU).
              My personal philosophy: Was it originally recorded/mastered with vinyl in mind? Is it well-known enough that any remastering will be talented and respectful? If we get yes and no respectively, I'll take the vinyl.

Comment

Anyone know who they mean when referring to the California-based reissue label who make poor pressings from digital files? 4 Men With Beards?

Comment

Must be 4 Men With Beards, whose LPs sound shit.
                  Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
                    Must be 4 Men With Beards, whose LPs sound shit.
                    the give away is in the terrible label name...

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
                      the give away is in the terrible label name...

some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Working...
                      X