Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ResonanceFM OST Show this Saturday: The (stand in) man comes around...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ResonanceFM OST Show this Saturday: The (stand in) man comes around...

    And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold:

    It's me doing Jonny Trunk's show again.

    The other three beasts for this week's aural apocalypso will be ridden by:

    Expiry2011
    The-E-Man
    SirSlim

    Expect something or other, whatever happens. Tune in and find out anyway. And tell both of your friends.

  • #2
    Originally posted by alanmck View Post
    And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold:

    It's me doing Jonny Trunk's show again.

    The other three beasts for this week's aural apocalypso will be ridden by:

    Expiry2011
    The-E-Man
    SirSlim

    Expect something or other, whatever happens. Tune in and find out anyway. And tell both of your friends.

    Looking forward to this

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
      Looking forward to this
      ..as if there isn't enough jazz in the world.....
      "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

      Night of the Living Vinyl

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post
        ..as if there isn't enough jazz in the world.....
        i might bring no jazz.

        if you're lucky, i might bring no records at all.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by alanmck View Post
          i might bring no jazz.

          if you're lucky, i might bring no records at all.
          I thought you always left the house with at least one Sun Ra 45 tucked into your coat?
          "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

          Night of the Living Vinyl

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post
            ..as if there isn't enough jazz in the world.....
            you can never have enough jazz in the world...

            Actually - I might not bring any either.

            Comment


            • #7
              Seeing how I was chastised live on air for bending the rules, maybe I should remind you guys that it is OST's all the way.

              That's O... S... T's...

              As you were.

              If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

              Comment


              • #8
                This has puzzled me - can you use stageshows / performance art / theatre or what have you, or is it solely cinematic?
                some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

                Comment


                • #9
                  I thought you listened when I've hosted before, chris? You told meeeee.....?!?!???

                  The answer to your question is yes/ yes/ yes, no.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by alanmck View Post
                    I thought you listened when I've hosted before, chris? You told meeeee.....?!?!???

                    The answer to your question is yes/ yes/ yes, no.
                    I did! Probably not paying enough attention to the rules...
                    Last edited by medlar; 08-01-2015, 09:29 PM.
                    some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      As Sie rightly says upthread ("good to see simon's found a chink the great firewall of china", says Clarkson), off piste action is reserved for special people.

                      I might play Rodney Trotter, for example.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by alanmck View Post
                        And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold:

                        It's me doing Jonny Trunk's show again.

                        The other three beasts for this week's aural apocalypso will be ridden by:

                        Expiry2011
                        The-E-Man
                        SirSlim

                        Expect something or other, whatever happens. Tune in and find out anyway. And tell both of your friends.
                        Can't wait!
                        Back and to the left... back and to the left... back and to the left

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          We're going to have a competition, and the winner gets to send me back my gigantic Britosh jazz tome...

                          Congratulations, Barney!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by medlar View Post
                            This has puzzled me - can you use stageshows / performance art / theatre or what have you, or is it solely cinematic?
                            Film and TV soundtracks, library music, film stars "singing", cover versions of film/tv soundtracks, advert music etc.

                            Plenty of scope to bend the "rules" there...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
                              Film and TV soundtracks, library music, film stars "singing", cover versions of film/tv soundtracks, advert music etc.

                              Plenty of scope to bend the "rules" there...

                              I hope to get Agnes Guano down for it some time.

                              Now, that would be a heck of a show.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X