Earworm!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earworm!

Last night I and a few board members and friends were spinning some tunes at our monthly Eclectic Mud night.

It was a great night, all that you'd want from something like this and more... great atmosphere, busy all night, drinks and conversations flowing, and terrific tunes all round.

When my head finally hit the pillow, do you know what song kept playing repeatedly?

Mambo No.5 by ?Lou Bega? I think...

This wasn't a tune that got played at the Mud, it had come on the radio in the afternoon and had caught the ear of my kids who turned it up and we boogied.

That's some powerfull earworm that trumped all that got played last night - isn't the brain a funny thing!

So dear board members confession time - come clean what was the last tune you got stuck in your head completely unexpectedly, and any thoughts on how this sort of thing happens?
    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

I often have tunes arise and play in my mind's ear as if in response or commentary to what's going on around me. This happens completed without any effort on my part and often puzzles me until I figure out why. I call it "the astral jukebox". I'll post some examples in a sec, I need to think of some of the best ones.
    "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

This just just happened with me. For some reason this song popped into my head:

Haven't thought about Julian Cope in ages. No idea why or when, wasn't prompted - astral jukebox indeed
      Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

I reckon you saw a mention of Julian somewhere, he's got a new book out hasn't he? Or you were on some mnemonic train of association that took you to him.
        "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

This (unfortunately) was firmly lodged in my ear over Xmas after watching an edition of TOTP 1979 last month:

Comment

I just want to shake shake shake shake. Constantly

Comment

Recently it's been that song sung by Tara in episode 100 of Buffy The Vampire Slayer, here's a bit of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VREnOZuC7qw

This episode was particularly clever, as witnessed in the clip - now I've got that song stuck in my head again - thanks Fuz
              some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by Tsundoku View Post
                I reckon you saw a mention of Julian somewhere, he's got a new book out hasn't he? Or you were on some mnemonic train of association that took you to him.
                I could have been thinking about the French shooting at the back of my head. Well, I am thinking about the French shooting at the back of my head. But nothing I can remember up front where the pilot sits.
                Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

working on building sites means I listen to commercial radio all day. meaning I hear the same shite everyday. even when I'm in the car or at home I get this earworm. it annoys me that I know the lyrics to meghan traynor "all about the bass". I'm 44 and it shouldn't be happening.
                  "I don't want to live in the past but it's a nice place to visit."

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
                    I could have been thinking about the French shooting at the back of my head. Well, I am thinking about the French shooting at the back of my head. But nothing I can remember up front where the pilot sits.
                    So are you saying that you worked for Charlie Hebdo and the 2 French guys shot you at the back of your head?

Comment

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
                      caught the ear of my kids who turned it up ........any thoughts on how this sort of thing happens?
                      Like many record geeks I may be single and childless but somehow I suspect the two above phrases may be connected?.....

Originally posted by eine View Post
                      This just just happened with me. For some reason this song popped into my head
                      Oh Eine...not again...how many times must we tell you....leave those Beatles alone!!!
                      you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

Originally posted by jb stanislas View Post
                        So are you saying that you worked for Charlie Hebdo and the 2 French guys shot you at the back of your head?
                        Charming, Mr Stanislas. That's a couple of posts that have riled me today.
                        Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

Originally posted by giantchicken View Post
                          Like many record geeks I may be single and childless but somehow I suspect the two above phrases may be connected?
                          Cbeebies theme tunes, pretty constantly. Katie Morag in particular.
                          Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

Originally posted by giantchicken View Post
                            Like many record geeks I may be single and childless but somehow I suspect the two above phrases may be connected?.....
                            Sure, but inbetween hearing Mambo No.5 and it sticking in my head, I listened to 4 hours of fantastic loud music, including some of my favourite tunes of the moment...
                            In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman View Post
                              Charming, Mr Stanislas. That's a couple of posts that have riled me today.
                              Ignore him Jimmy he's a troll...
                              In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Working...
                              X