Wolinski

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolinski

So was the Wolinksi who died in the Charlie Hebdo shootings the same guy who drew those psych covers in the sixties and seventies?

I dare say so! Would make sense. Are there many?
    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

I'm sure it's him to be honest. Many sleeves you mean or many Wolinskis?

Comment

Wolinski was 80, so it's possible.
        SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Yeah, many sleeves. It looks familiar.
          Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Another victim, Cabu, also did sleeve art.

Il a illustré de nombreux livres, et la pochette de Caricatures, le 3e album de Maxime Le Forestier[réf. souhaitée]. Il a illustré également la série de double CD Cabu chez Nocturne, anthologies consacrées à quelques grands musiciens de jazz : Ellington, Basie, Gillespie, Peterson, Kenton, Bechet... Dès 1982, il intervient sur les pochettes des albums et 45 tours de Dorothée. .

which translates as:

"He illustrated numbersome books and the pocket of Caricatures, the 3rd album of Maxime Le Forestier (ref: Sooty). He illustrated equally the series of double CD Cabu With Nocturnal
            anthologies consecrated to some great jazz musicians: Ellington, Basie, Gillespie, Peterson, Kenton, Bechet... From 1982 he intervened with the pockets of albums and 45 turns of Dorothee."
            Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                (ref: Sooty).
                I think this means 'reference required' - poss Google Translate hiccup?

It's typical that I own three Maxime Le Forestier albums and finally one with a redeeming feature appears here and not in my collection!

Wolinski sure as hell did record sleeves - here's one of his more well known ones;

'What are you going to make in the street, Fiston?'

and here's a few more...
                Last edited by giantchicken; 15-01-2015, 12:07 AM.
                you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

Working...
                X