Alan Parsons Project in decent tunes shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Parsons Project in decent tunes shock

I thought The Alan Parsons Project were a bit useless (they are, I hear you chorus) but having picked up a copy of 'I Robot' I find I really liked the first two tracks: 'I Robot', and 'I wouldn't Wanna Be Like You' . Some of the other tracks are truly appalling but it cost next to nothing and the first two I'm really digging. Do the panel think The Alan Parsons Project are irredeemably awful or are there further nuggets of gold nestling in the oeuvre?

"You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
    I thought The Alan Parsons Project were a bit useless (they are, I hear you chorus) but having picked up a copy of 'I Robot' I find I really liked the first two tracks: 'I Robot', and 'I wouldn't Wanna Be Like You' . Some of the other tracks are truly appalling but it cost next to nothing and the first two I'm really digging. Do the panel think The Alan Parsons Project are irredeemably awful or are there further nuggets of gold nestling in the oeuvre?

I bought this - the first one? - when it first came out - liked it at the time but have been too scared to re-visit...

Comment

Ditto. Almost. I sort of kidded myself that I liked it, having spent that much on it.

And scared on the basis that...I might now like it. What would that say about me?

Comment

"I, Robot" sounds better than a track called "I, Robot" ought to sound. But still several minutes of my life wasted (if I hadn't been doing something else at the same time).

"The other track" sounds like they've been listening to the Doobie Brothers. No bad thing, although I would listen to the Doobie Brothers first. On the radio.

Comment

Originally posted by Funktionnaire View Post
          "I, Robot" sounds better than a track called "I, Robot" ought to sound. But still several minutes of my life wasted (if I hadn't been doing something else at the same time).

"The other track" sounds like they've been listening to the Doobie Brothers. No bad thing, although I would listen to the Doobie Brothers first. On the radio.
          Not going well so far! Even Sir Slim's scared.
          "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

It can't be any worse than that god awful Mike Batt thing Tarot Suite, or what ever it's called
            some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

TOO GOOD

See also

MUSHRUMPS Daily party-prog MP3 blog

Comment

Now there's a coincidence. I was going to post the very same lp in the "surprise finds of 2014" thread. For the same tracks I think, but will have to listen again now. This LP was amongst a stack of mostly heavy rock albums i picked up at a car boot in December and posted in the December finds. I'm not a fan of the genre but the condition attracted me.

Two more surprises (inasmuch as I quite liked them and they found there way into the keep pile) in that stack too: Girlschool and Rush albums!

Comment

I didn't even make it past the first ponderous, pompous ninety seconds of I Robot.
                  I'm used to my songs having stated their purpose, had a few twists, at least two verses and choruses and being onto the 10-second guitar solo by that point.
                  To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

Originally posted by jakartajive View Post
                    I didn't even make it past the first ponderous, pompous ninety seconds of I Robot.
                    I'm used to my songs having stated their purpose, had a few twists, at least two verses and choruses and being onto the 10-second guitar solo by that point.
                    Sounds like Rush is off your playlist as well.

Girlschool, I think, would make the grade.

Comment

To echo ashra, I remembered the Eye In The Sky album to have some O.K moments on it. When I quickly flicked through the tracks just now thought I couldn't find anything I'd like to rock the whole way through.

Comment

"I Robot" is my fave of their (his?) albums I've heard - another great spacey tune on there not posted above (can't recall the name? I stuck it at the start of my COSMOST mix a while back )
                        Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by Sonovox View Post
                          Sounds like Rush is off your playlist as well.

Girlschool, I think, would make the grade.
                          I'm more of a Motorhead man myself.
                          To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

Not going well so far! Even Sir Slim's scared.

From memory "the system of doctor tarr" and "pavanne" were my choice picks from the Lp - but I don't recall why...

Comment

Originally posted by candiman View Post
                              Now there's a coincidence. I was going to post the very same lp in the "surprise finds of 2014" thread. For the same tracks I think, but will have to listen again now. This LP was amongst a stack of mostly heavy rock albums i picked up at a car boot in December and posted in the December finds. I'm not a fan of the genre but the condition attracted me.

Two more surprises (inasmuch as I quite liked them and they found there way into the keep pile) in that stack too: Girlschool and Rush albums!
                              Having checked, the I Robot track that grabbed me was The Voice. Vocals by Steve Harley and some Papa Was A Rolling Stone action going on as Alan Parsons was a big fan of Mr Whitfield, and that track, apparently.

Comment

Working...
                              X