Broadcast Repeats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadcast Repeats

Warp are reissuing all the Broadcast LPs on vinyl on March 9th (or thereabouts).

ABOUT BLEEDIN' TIME
    Drastically reduced to 72p

Originally posted by Mang View Post
    ABOUT BLEEDIN' TIME
    Amen to that!
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Amazing!

They're rather dear elsewhere and I have some gaps.
      http://www.matpringle.co.uk

Comment

I've been sorting some old 12" singles out tonight and found I have a one I never realized was so scarce
        to save me scanning it right now here is a link to the same one I have on Discogs Come On Let's Go WL/TP
        I must have just filed it away at the time as I had the album but it has an unusual B side to say the least!
        The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Great news. Any news on James Carghill's "Children of Alice" Project. Is that a Warp or Ghost Box project?
          sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

They have recorded for Devon Folklore Tapes.
            SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

scan of the Come On Let's Go promo/press release, anyone know more about why they put Nirvana tracks on the B side
              and The Who on the A? Oddly enough both these tracks play at 33rpm while the Broadcast tracks at 45rpm on the same side of the disc.

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
                scan of the Come On Let's Go promo/press release, anyone know more about why they put Nirvana tracks on the B side
                and The Who on the A? Oddly enough both these tracks play at 33rpm while the Broadcast tracks at 45rpm on the same side of the disc.
                are The Who and Nirvana tracks are on the outside of each side? if so, the notes on the discogs page explain it in a cryptic way: re-use of laquers - presumably the Broadcast was meant to be a 45RPM 7" re-using the blank space in the middle, and then record plant cock-up incorrectly pressing it as a 12".

catnum starts with a "7", so looks likely it was meant to be a 7"

Comment

yes they are, at the start of each side -then there is a plain dead wax gap then the Broadcast tracks
                  which as I mentioned play at a different speed on the same side
                  The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
                    yes they are, at the start of each side -then there is a plain dead wax gap then the Broadcast tracks
                    which as I mentioned play at a different speed on the same side
                    so the 12" laquers already had the Who/Nirvana tracks at 33RPM on the outside and to save money they re-used the blank middle sections to put the Broadcast single, intending to press just the middle section as a 7" release

makes it interesting from a copyright point of view! putting out other people's material on your promo...

Comment

true, I've never seen/heard of it elsewhere
                      The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia View Post
                        makes it interesting from a copyright point of view! putting out other people's material on your promo...
                        It's a promo, mate, so normal copyright law doesn't apply!
                        Don't call it a comeback... H, N, and the number 7.
                        Ok, it's a bit of a comeback, I suppose...

Comment

Working...
                        X