Please Grade My Sleeve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Grade My Sleeve

That's a big Polka-sized surface tear in the centre.

I am using Discogs grading - http://www.discogs.com/help/doc/mp-grading

Thank you!
    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Nike+

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
      That's a big Polka-sized surface tear in the centre.
      Poor aka mince.

Comment

Between Fair and Good.

¡A tope con la vida!

Comment

Brilliant display of football/polka skills, though.
          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

It's an awesome cover and a reasonably rare record. I sold it for a tenner (which isn't bad for a terrible polka LP eh?). It has immediately escalated into a PayPal dispute despire my description of the torn cover, and my grading of the jacket as Good. Given answers above, perhaps I will lose this dispute and I should have graded Fair.

I didn't know Horst was also Roberto Delgado.
            Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Did you mention it had a tear though? If so then I'd say you were fair enough. If not... possibly on thin ice.

EDIT: I see you did mention it.

What is the reason given for complaining, if you declared the sleeve was ripped?
              Hull Music Archive

Comment

Yeah I did mention it. Buyer's reason is 'not as described'. That's why I posted here to garner opinion. From comments in the buyer's feedback (85% positive) he has opened his fair share of PayPal disputes.

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post

Charming+

Comment

I'd have described it as 'no sleeve' and totally blown their expectations out of the water.
                    SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Hm, I think you've just got unlucky and landed one of "those" people who are trigger happy on the disputes... if you told him it was torn what was he expecting?!

Unfortunately there are some right wankers out there, not to put to fine a point on it like...
                      Hull Music Archive

Comment

It's a shame that we use a grading system where the word "GOOD" means... poor. I usually explain in the blurb bit that a sleeve is pretty wrecked, but better than nothing. And that's just what it is.

It's hard to see from your photo, but - when sleeves get ripped like that, it's usually because they get damp and stuck to another sleeve. And either the sleeve gets ripped or the OTHER sleeve gets ripped. Yours looks like a mix of both - the bit over the dancers faces looks like an extra bit, from another sleeve. The guy could try dampening it, rubbing it and seeing if that big bit comes off. Mind you, he'll still not be happy, will he?
                        Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

If the record was a couple of hundred quid AND you hadn't described the fault fully I could understand the gripe.

But at a tenner and you had described it, and knowing this I would buy purely for the music, not the aesthetics of the sleeve, the guy sounds like he's a bit of a crook. I've had a few tossers like that on ebay, always looking for
                          a few quid off something even if you've described everything fully and the item is dead cheap. I block 'em so they can't bid or buy from me again, but It's a fact of life there are people like this about.
                          Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....

Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

Comment

Originally posted by nboldock View Post
                            Hm, I think you've just got unlucky and landed one of "those" people who are trigger happy on the disputes... if you told him it was torn what was he expecting?!

Unfortunately there are some right wankers out there, not to put to fine a point on it like...
                            Originally posted by The Divine One View Post
                            It's a shame that we use a grading system where the word "GOOD" means... poor. I usually explain in the blurb bit that a sleeve is pretty wrecked, but better than nothing. And that's just what it is.

It's hard to see from your photo, but - when sleeves get ripped like that, it's usually because they get damp and stuck to another sleeve. And either the sleeve gets ripped or the OTHER sleeve gets ripped. Yours looks like a mix of both - the bit over the dancers faces looks like an extra bit, from another sleeve. The guy could try dampening it, rubbing it and seeing if that big bit comes off. Mind you, he'll still not be happy, will he?
                            Originally posted by Mondays Child View Post
                            If the record was a couple of hundred quid AND you hadn't described the fault fully I could understand the gripe.

But at a tenner and you had described it, and knowing this I would buy purely for the music, not the aesthetics of the sleeve, the guy sounds like he's a bit of a crook. I've had a few tossers like that on ebay, always looking for
                            a few quid off something even if you've described everything fully and the item is dead cheap. I block 'em so they can't bid or buy from me again, but It's a fact of life there are people like this about.
                            Thanks all. After 1000+ sales on Discogs, this is my first gnarley one/PayPal dispute. I think *she* is a tosser (but I suspect wife name utilisation to be honest), although I think, in general that I do tend to undergrade sleeves and overgrade records.

Comment

This claim has been decided in your favour.
                              Hurray! Helped I hope by the pdfs of feedback etc I uploaded.

Comment

Working...
                              X