Smileys People, episode 3, club scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smileys People, episode 3, club scene

Hello. I've just been watching this on the plane and whilst tilting the screen away from onlookers during the hilarious sex show scene I was wondering what the groovy tune was? Any idea folks?
    For folks sake!

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it was specially written for the show by Patrick Gowers - dunno if it's on the soundtrack LP or not.

Comment

Back to the liner notes, and a rather amusing statement:

Patrick Gower’s music for ‘Smiley’s People’ moves convincingly all the way from very refined Classical string writing to the wilder shores of heavy rock.

The allegedly heavy rock piece is track 10 and “Der Blaue Diamant”. Skinny Puppy this ain’t, and of course never could be. It’s a BBC recording, not some upstart independent label. In the series, the track was played in a Deutche strip club over the top of some semi-naked but still G-rated goings on. I can almost hear the heads of the BBC, sitting in their club with their cigars and Cognac saying “Steady on, old boy. That’s a bit continental!’

from here

Comment

Actually not sure which music you were referring to now urko. Have just watched the scene on youtube (I watched the series when it was first broadcast but don't remember the strip club scene!). There were two different pieces. Der Blaue Diamant must have been the first. I really liked the second slower piece.

btw what was James Cordon doing in that club?

Comment

Originally posted by candiman View Post
          Actually not sure which music you were referring to now urko. Have just watched the scene on youtube (I watched the series when it was first broadcast but don't remember the strip club scene!). There were two different pieces. Der Blaue Diamant must have been the first. I really liked the second slower piece.

btw what was James Cordon doing in that club?
          I like both, thanks for info, so guessing not available anywhere? For those who can't recall, it's from 43:05.

http://youtu.be/9AqXVFUQF2w

Enjoy!
          For folks sake!

Comment

Originally posted by urko View Post
            I like both, thanks for info, so guessing not available anywhere?
            One on the ogs at the moment

http://www.discogs.com/Patrick-Gower...elease/3642488

Comment

Thanks for the tip, very kind! Ordered😃
              For folks sake!

Comment

Spun at the last Northern Brillo >

I’m A Man – Adam Best
                Les Gens Sont Fous, Les Temps Sont Flous – Jacques Dutronic
                Der Blaue Diament – From Smiley’s People LP 1982
                Dream Yourself Away - Gabor Presser / Adamis Anna (Qualiton Hungary)

Duke x

Comment

Working...
                X