Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Record Collectors Guild

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Record Collectors Guild

    anyone on here a member or know why no one has posted anything since October

  • #2
    no and no sorry mate
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

    Comment


    • #3
      Hadn't heard of it before now! Having a quick look shows an article posted up 6th Jan..... and the review section is not too fast moving by the look of it..... Is there a forum attached to it (can't see on first glance)?
      "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

      www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

      Comment


      • #4
        I was a member years ago,forgot it existed couldn't really get my head round it at the time,I think it wasn't that well known,maybe just fell by the wayside of late
        ------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

        Comment


        • #5
          I think the site was sold, and the new owner was not interested in running the forums.
          ------------------------------------------------------
          "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by smashingcheesegromit View Post
            couldn't really get my head round it at the time
            Wouldn't it be great if there was a real Record Collectors Guild - then you could get a certificate like this one and wave it in front of offhand Parisian Record Shop owners who questioned your collecting status...



            Comment


            • #7
              A guild doesn't rely upon certificates, it is a group that controls a particular area of commerce or trade. Agnes Guano is our Comedy Record Guildsman, for instance. We could each be our own areas guild members, although we would have to co-opt or eliminate all local opposition. Which I am up for.
              SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
                A guild doesn't rely upon certificates,
                No scroll or parchment perchance?

                Comment


                • #9
                  You can have scrolls and parchments galore but, rather like a Sociology o-level, it doesn't mean anything in isolation.
                  SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
                    You can have scrolls and parchments galore but, rather like a Sociology o-level, it doesn't mean anything in isolation.
                    For shame - I was hoping to re-enact a scene like this with fellow VGplussers

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
                      You can have scrolls and parchments galore but, rather like a Sociology o-level, it doesn't mean anything in isolation.
                      A friend of mine studied for a degree in Socicology (at Goldsmiths). On the day of his final exam he was caught short and did a bit of extra revision in the WC, failing to notice that there was no toilet paper in the cubicle he was in. Fortunately the thin pages of Haralambos' "Themes & Perspectives" finally found they had some use after all.
                      Drastically reduced to 72p

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
                        For shame - I was hoping to re-enact a scene like this with fellow VGplussers

                        I can't make it any clearer, Slim, all you need to do is form a guild, ratify its rules and remit, ensure that you have letters patent from the right authorities, absolutely corner the record collecting market within the boundaries of your designated area, build a guildhall or other meeting place, certify members and then stick to a formal constitution that not only covers your own activity but that of those in your constituency. After that, you can have all the special hats, badges, chains, aprons, crests and f***ing parchments, scrolls, certificates and discount vouchers you want.
                        SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
                          I can't make it any clearer, Slim, all you need to do is form a guild, ratify its rules and remit, ensure that you have letters patent from the right authorities, absolutely corner the record collecting market within the boundaries of your designated area, build a guildhall or other meeting place, certify members and then stick to a formal constitution that not only covers your own activity but that of those in your constituency. After that, you can have all the special hats, badges, chains, aprons, crests and f***ing parchments, scrolls, certificates and discount vouchers you want.


                          Something similar to this might be appropriate - suitable drawing of record collector knee deep in chud in a chazza...

                          Comment


                          • #14


                            C.XIV Record Collectors Guild 'Merrie Brilloe' meeting. The mediaeval goose-quill stylus wasn't really up to much, hence the members had to come up with innovative uses for their collection of 'platters', much in the spirit of today's artisan fruit-bowl makers.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I was/am a member of the RCG forum but it seemed to go down at the end of October, a shame as it was a massive archive of info
                              The Garden Facebook Blog

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X