The Record Collectors Guild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Record Collectors Guild

anyone on here a member or know why no one has posted anything since October

no and no sorry mate
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Hadn't heard of it before now! Having a quick look shows an article posted up 6th Jan..... and the review section is not too fast moving by the look of it..... Is there a forum attached to it (can't see on first glance)?
      "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

I was a member years ago,forgot it existed couldn't really get my head round it at the time,I think it wasn't that well known,maybe just fell by the wayside of late
        ------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Comment

I think the site was sold, and the new owner was not interested in running the forums.
          ------------------------------------------------------
          "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by smashingcheesegromit View Post
            couldn't really get my head round it at the time
            Wouldn't it be great if there was a real Record Collectors Guild - then you could get a certificate like this one and wave it in front of offhand Parisian Record Shop owners who questioned your collecting status...

Comment

A guild doesn't rely upon certificates, it is a group that controls a particular area of commerce or trade. Agnes Guano is our Comedy Record Guildsman, for instance. We could each be our own areas guild members, although we would have to co-opt or eliminate all local opposition. Which I am up for.
              SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
                A guild doesn't rely upon certificates,
                No scroll or parchment perchance?

Comment

You can have scrolls and parchments galore but, rather like a Sociology o-level, it doesn't mean anything in isolation.

Comment

You can have scrolls and parchments galore but, rather like a Sociology o-level, it doesn't mean anything in isolation.
                    For shame - I was hoping to re-enact a scene like this with fellow VGplussers

Comment

A friend of mine studied for a degree in Socicology (at Goldsmiths). On the day of his final exam he was caught short and did a bit of extra revision in the WC, failing to notice that there was no toilet paper in the cubicle he was in. Fortunately the thin pages of Haralambos' "Themes & Perspectives" finally found they had some use after all.
                      Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
                        For shame - I was hoping to re-enact a scene like this with fellow VGplussers

I can't make it any clearer, Slim, all you need to do is form a guild, ratify its rules and remit, ensure that you have letters patent from the right authorities, absolutely corner the record collecting market within the boundaries of your designated area, build a guildhall or other meeting place, certify members and then stick to a formal constitution that not only covers your own activity but that of those in your constituency. After that, you can have all the special hats, badges, chains, aprons, crests and f***ing parchments, scrolls, certificates and discount vouchers you want.

Comment

I can't make it any clearer, Slim, all you need to do is form a guild, ratify its rules and remit, ensure that you have letters patent from the right authorities, absolutely corner the record collecting market within the boundaries of your designated area, build a guildhall or other meeting place, certify members and then stick to a formal constitution that not only covers your own activity but that of those in your constituency. After that, you can have all the special hats, badges, chains, aprons, crests and f***ing parchments, scrolls, certificates and discount vouchers you want.

Something similar to this might be appropriate - suitable drawing of record collector knee deep in chud in a chazza...

Comment

C.XIV Record Collectors Guild 'Merrie Brilloe' meeting. The mediaeval goose-quill stylus wasn't really up to much, hence the members had to come up with innovative uses for their collection of 'platters', much in the spirit of today's artisan fruit-bowl makers.

Comment

I was/am a member of the RCG forum but it seemed to go down at the end of October, a shame as it was a massive archive of info
                              The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X