The buzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The buzz

You know, when you've been collecting vinyl for a long time and listened to lots and lots and lots of stuff, new records every week - somehow something gets lost a bit - you become a bit jaded and find records being just good or maybe great - but it's very rarely that I get a buzz out of a new album, the feeling of wow-this-is-just-so-incredibly-fucking-amazing-I-wanna-rip-my-ears-off...
    The buzz you get as a teenager when you hear Sex Pistols/Pixies/insertyourfavoritefromadolescencehere....
    Anyway - yesterday I got it again! Last time was 6 months ago with Moon Gas by Dick Hyman&Mary Mayo.
    This time it was Volume 2 by West Coast Art Experimental Band...

Just wanted to tell someone who might understand about this religious experience...
    Isn't that why we buy records? To get that special feeling?
    "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
    and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Originally posted by Brainbomb
    You know, when you've been collecting vinyl for a long time and listened to lots and lots and lots of stuff, new records every week - somehow something gets lost a bit - you become a bit jaded and find records being just good or maybe great - but it's very rarely that I get a buzz out of a new album, the feeling of wow-this-is-just-so-incredibly-fucking-amazing-I-wanna-rip-my-ears-off...
    The buzz you get as a teenager when you hear Sex Pistols/Pixies/insertyourfavoritefromadolescencehere....
    Anyway - yesterday I got it again! Last time was 6 months ago with Moon Gas by Dick Hyman&Mary Mayo.

Just wanted to tell someone who might understand about this religious experience...
    Its ok BB we're like you, we're not like 'the others'

thanks for sharing, i'm gonna listen to these as i know exactly what you mean.

MODZ
    Hero No.9
    Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
    THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

McDonald & Giles did that for me first time I heard it...

Comment

oh my god!! i had this feeling (and still got it!) with "take 8" of pete moore and his orchestra! this tune and this bassline makes me addicted!!
        i even sampled only the bassline and had made a loop whit! just that i can hear only the looped bassline for 5 minutes...bmmmmm bmmmm
        can you explain to me what this word means?

www.myspace.com/deenoakathedustybutton

Comment

Originally posted by Brainbomb

The track off Moon Gas that goes "isnt it odd...."

And then the track off WC 2 that goes "i have a perfectly round tongue...painted GREEN"

They both blew me away when i first heard them too!!!

I must admit though...i probably have the feeling a few times a week to be honest....today i finally heard the album by TREES - On the Shore

And i got the BUZZ for sure!!!!
          Country be dyin like poor people do
          Hospitals be closing...doors to me and you (Lopazz - Blood)

And here's some other stuff that i get up to...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Serio...796469?fref=ts

Comment

I experienced a buzz recently when I found a copy of Les baxter's "Jungle Jazz".

David S.
            God bless Fatso.

Comment

Working...
            X