• Show
Clear All

• Buying from Japan via Tenso?

Anyone use Tenso's service?

http://www.tenso.com/en/guide/shop/tower-records.html#

North of the River Cole

No, but am intrigued.

Comment

I'm on it, give me a couple of weeks & I'll report back.

Comment

Just got through the ID/address confirmation, put my first order in, let's see how this pans out.

Comment

Was it much of a palava?
          North of the River Cole

Comment

it's not been too bad, a bit fiddly but looks like it might be worth it just to take advantage of free domestic shipping offers so overall the postage total is super reasonable, I just had to change my details so my account exactly matched my ID details, make sure you include your middle name.

hopefully that'll sort it out otherwise they'll be sitting on the box of cds that's arriving in their warehouse tomorrow morning till we can make it work, it's been alright so far really, decent communication. I'll update when my package arrives.

Comment

I recently used shopping mall japan. I was looking for a way to buy records of the Japanese Yahoo auction
              I noticed Buyee seems to hold the advertising space above each auction description page but as I started reading reviews it seems apparent that they're not too favourable. So after a bit of googling I came across tenso and shopping mall japan which both had lower fee's and better customer service overall. From what I read about Tenso their shipping is a tad higher than SMJ so I opted to go with the latter, the communication and response time with SMJ is a bit slow but im a patient person.

http://www.reddit.com/r/japan/commen...ocom_reliable/

In the reddit thread above someone mentions biginjap.com and frontier-e.com aka baggageforward.com

Comment

Well done for fathoming out the yahoo auction stylesforfree, I quickly gave up on that site, how did you find it?

Just completed my Tenso order, they've combined two orders (500yen) which is handy so you can get stuff from different sources & only have one package, no doubt other services can do this too.

Total cost for 4 CDs - EMS shipping (2 days it quotes, I'm expecting it to take longer but we'll see) = £15 (free domestic shipping from Amazon to the Tenso address
                so this is the total cost I've paid shipping these orders)

Good quick communication & service so far, if the CDs get to me in one piece by this time next week I'll be pretty happy with this service.

Got a couple of LPs to order so I'll update you with the cost of that one.

Comment

I use google chrome with the google translate function to navigate yahoo auction and ive found it to be pretty good so far after familiarizing myself with the lay out.
                  Some sellers list items in english, but obviously 90% of the listings are in Japanese so I use discogs to find the text for the Japanese names, copy from the artist page and paste into the search box on yahoo auction, for some reason the SMJ site doesnt work properly in chrome, so I used firefox to navigate it.

All in all for one record the fees cost 10 quid and postage was 14 for EMS which is cheap for that service. They have dispatched my package already and have invoiced me for the Japan to UK postage and I have been given 14 days to pay the shipping invoice.

There are certain records on ebay that I have found to be considerably cheaper on yahoo auction so the fee's are more than worth it when you see a record listed for half the price than the one listed on ebay.

I will use tenso next time and compare.

Comment

Got to UK in record time, then got snarled up in customs purgatory for 7 days which I'll no doubt be paying for with a sweet "handling" fee. Ah well, it's working as well as parcel force will let it.

Comment

All arrived safe & sound after paying the 20 quid customs charge. Got a discount code from tenso so over all it gets the thumbs up.

Comment

Thanks for the updates. It was only one CD I was after and a seller in Japan had copies on eBay with very decent P&P so I went that way instead, but I'll def look at Tenso again in the future

North of the River Cole

Comment

Working...
                        X