Google Play, Itunes, Youtube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Play, Itunes, Youtube

Has anyone else noticed the increasing number of music videos on Youtube that are from Google Play/ iTunes?
    They claim to be automatically generated - what does that mean?
    Will the artists get some money if we play them - and if so how? Or is it just a marketing ploy to get people to buy the track?
    I'm sure that this has been going on for ages and I've only just noticed it
    Thanks
    "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

They´re really boring videos as well. Not a hint of wine spilling in slow motion, men being lizards or a body popper being electrocuted on a toilet seat.
    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
      They´re really boring videos as well. Not a hint of wine spilling in slow motion, men being lizards or a body popper being electrocuted on a toilet seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post
        They claim to be automatically generated - what does that mean?
        Idk what Youtube's relationship w Itunes is, but Google owns Youtube so it's unsurprising that their algorhythms would 'automatically' veer you towards Google Play..

Comment

i think its linked to itunes/ digital outlets. i think it does mean the artist (or copyright owner at least) gets paid.
          though its like .0001 per play
          instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Working...
          X