Jonah Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonah Jones

The Jonah Jones Story is an LP that came out on Tamla Motown. It has a number of excellent cuts on it - instrumentals with a full bodied soul jazz vibe. Some of the tracks are more easy jazz. Those cuts are marked as produced by Henry Cosby and are similar to his older stuff (I Dig Chicks, for example)...
    I don't know if this is a compilation sort of album. Sort of a mixed bag, with vocal tracks thrown in...
    Does this mean there is more of the (instrumental) soul stuff he did ? On Motown ?? Any suggestions ???

Thanks !
    CORSO: What kind of advice you got for politicians?

BURROUGHS: Say the truth once and for all and shut up forever.

'Story' makes it sound like a comp, i guess. don't know much about him really. only have the UK MFP issue of "I Dig Chicks", and a great track called "Jonah's Pachanga" which is on the first Latin Spectrum comp

Comment

i got a shit hot funk track on motown by jonah called 'end of our road' fat bass funky drums catchy horn line, it roks in the discos and is pretty slept on
      'Swear I am evil when Ive had a few'

Comment

aha, here's a link to the Google cache (page has gone) about his Motown stuff:

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache...+road%22&hl=en

as for their 'where is he now?' question - he died in 2000...

Comment

Woa ! Thanks !!

Looks like my album is a combination of tracks from "Along Came Jonah (For Once In My Life, My Girl, A Place In The Sun and The End Of Our Road) and A Little Dis, A Little Dat (For Better Or Worse, Uptight (Everything's Alright), Niagara Falls, Fingertips - Part 2, Our Day Will Come, Don't Mess With Bill)...

On the basis of this I'd say A Little Dis, A Little Dat has the fatter grooves.

Gotta have it.

Excellent work, Michael !
          CORSO: What kind of advice you got for politicians?

BURROUGHS: Say the truth once and for all and shut up forever.

Comment

seems the 3rd one ("a little dis...") never released, so maybe that that 'Story' LP is the only way to get those tracks...

Comment

Working...
            X