Leonardo da Vinci help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leonardo da Vinci help

A friend of mine is writing a book on Swedish proggressive and psych that will be released later this year. His editor wants him to provide translations of all Swedish bandnames to English, and he's having trouble with one... "Anna själv tredje" - they took their name from the Swedish name of a painting by Leonardo da Vinci.
    He has been unable to find the English title of the painting, so if anyone here is interested in art and knows the name of the painting - please tell.
    I include a pic of the painting...
    "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
    and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Wouldn't the title of this painting be in Italian...?

It's "The Virgin and Infant Jesus with Saint Anne"
    Last edited by son of stan; 11-03-2005, 11:37 AM.
    Endless Tripe

Comment

the Swedish girl in the office says it literally means 'Anna self third'

i'm confused too...

Comment

The book is in english and the publishing company therefore wants translations of all bandnames to English within brackets after the Swedish name.
        That painting has an insane and surreal name in Sweden - directly translated it's "Anne Self Third" - maybe that's why they liked it??
        So he wanted to find out what the painting is called in English to see if that is a better translation of the band's name....
        Anyway - thx a lot - I'll phone him straight away!

Comment

"Virgin and Child With St.Anne" innit.
          records - one a week mixcloud
          records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia
            the Swedish girl in the office says it literally means 'Anna self third
            Heh - makes me think for some reason about the interview with The Donnas I saw on Swedish TV the other day, when they asked them if they could say anything in Swedish and one of them said - "du gillar skitstor hästkuk"

Comment

i'm too scared to ask her what that means now...

anyway, i didn't spot that you were in Sweden, hence my asking someone was a bit redundant, since you knew that anyway!

you ought to try and write in worse English so morons like me will know that you're a crazy foreigner

Comment

i probably make enough grammatical mistakes for you to understand i'm not a native english-speaker...
                and no - unless she has a very open mind you should not ask her about that phrase - in fact i'm sure it could be considered sexual harassment....

Comment

blimey! look at all the Sacred Geometry incorporated into that painting!
                  new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Working...
                  X