That Eurovision entry.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Eurovision entry.....

Bloody typical....for once, the UK comes up with something half-decent and original and all everybody does is hate on it! Well. I'm going to stick my neck out and say I like it and all you 'nul points' doomsters can go and get stuffed!...
    you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Meanwhile, 20 years ago...

Comment

I'm with Mr Chicken
      The kids and I had a little boogie to it this morning which means it gets a thumbs up from Expiry Towers
      It's Eurovision - it MUST be crap
      There is no way we will win but it's better than that terrible Humperdinck effort

And thanks Sonovox for Doop - not because it's good but because it prompted us to look for Astaire and Rodgers clips - those two could dance
      "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post
        And thanks Sonovox for Doop - not because it's good
        which it is

Comment

REPRESENT
          Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
            The way to go with your disco mix I'm thinking
            "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Comment

haha..I thought the word "entry" in the subject referred to a country, namely, Australia. I thought you had a gripe with us being in the contest.

Comment

Yes! It's either that or a slab of Moravian Post-Soviet Fixed-Grin Happy-Hardcore Folkdisco, 1995–1999.

Both f*cking shit, excuse my French.
                Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Hmm. It´s obvious to me that the flapper disco underground is adopting similar tactics to UK Northern Soul scene in the 70s - releasing appalling records in order to distract and deter the public, thus maintaining the core integrity of the real scene.

Electro Velvet are the Wigan´s Chosen Few/Wigan´s Ovation of the neo-flapper scene
                  Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Keep the faith babycart!

Comment

A waffly good remix.

The Downstairs Lounge
                      http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
                      http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

Originally posted by Agnes_Guano View Post
                        A waffly good remix.

After the Marvin Gaye/ Parallel Lines verdict I'd be worried if I was Electro Velvet

Comment

Meanwhile in Finland...

Comment

Originally posted by Kurtis K View Post
                            Meanwhile in Finland...

This one already has my full backing.

Meanwhile in Germany.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31763053
                            Boy George knew my father

Comment

Haha....the old 'light the blue touch paper and retire trick works once again! To address some of those points;

Originally posted by Sonovox View Post
                              Meanwhile, 20 years ago...
                              Yes, Sonovox...take your point but 'Doop' was just somebody causing earache with a sampling machine....it wasn't an actual song. I'm not sure if the custodians of the history of the current 'nu-swing' scene regard it as an important milestone but frankly I'm not arsed either way....

Yes! It's either that or a slab of Moravian Post-Soviet Fixed-Grin Happy-Hardcore Folkdisco, 1995–1999.

Both f*cking shit, excuse my French.
                              Well I certainly find it preferable to the usual 'composed by algorhythm' pompous stadium ballads or indeed to erm...the genre you describe. But I actually do think it's a good, catchy unpretentious pop song, so I'm not excusing your French...and neither is Katy Boyle...

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                              Hmm. It´s obvious to me that the flapper disco underground is adopting similar tactics to UK Northern Soul scene in the 70s - releasing appalling records in order to distract and deter the public, thus maintaining the core integrity of the real scene.

Electro Velvet are the Wigan´s Chosen Few/Wigan´s Ovation of the neo-flapper scene
                              BC, I think it's a bit harsh to compare anything to the hideous monstrosity that was 'Skiing In The Snow', but other than that I think you may have a point - the northern soul comparison had also crossed my mind. Nu-swing purists may not like it, but at least it's a nod of recognition towards Skeewiff, Jamie Berry and their ilk. You might also say it is to nu swing what 'Waterloo' was to glam-rock and that's no bad thing, I reckon - this is Eurovision after all....

Originally posted by Agnes_Guano View Post
                              A waffly good remix.
                              ...and thus following in the honourable footsteps of Messrs. Godley and Creme....nothing wrong with that...waffly versatile, even.
                              you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

Working...
                              X