Utrecht roll call April 2015 - any takers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utrecht roll call April 2015 - any takers

A month from now the attendees will be sat at home weeping at the hole in their collective wallets, but potentially rich in vinyl reproduction audio action... until the November fair that is ;-)

Managed at last to get some days off and flights booked - Utrecht April 2015 - any takers..?
    "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Have a blast, and I'll see you in November John mate.

BTW don't forget to post your finds up!
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

It's going to take me until November to recover from the last one. Good luck John, hope there's lots of yummy African lps waiting for you there. Is your schedule as hectic as last year?
      Everyone tear down your own little wall
      That keeps you from being a part of it all
      Because you've got to be one with the one and all
      You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post

BTW don't forget to post your finds up!
        Will do - one of the few times of the year I find anything in the sort of wild

Came home with 100 PVC sleeves from the fair on Saturday... Bought one LP off Baxter in the pub and sold it to a mate who met us there before the beer was done as Baxter had another spare... vinyl score nil point

Always a pleasure to catch up in November...

Comment

I'm going too, as usual. Hoping to score some eurojazz, as usual .
          http://thejazzkid.tumblr.com

Comment

I'll be there. Really looking forward to it.

Comment

Saturday is shopping day and Sunday guess spot on Stall 334...

Comment

very very tempted to go over there for a wee adventure however a) i'd be on budget so only looking to do one day (Sat) to avoid paying accommodation, etc and b) I don't fly so budget flights are out of the question for me. i checked out overnight ferries from the UK but more expensive than i expected.

This could potentially be a truly hellish experience but there's an overnight bus to Rotterdam from Victoria in London (Megabus) leaving london late on Friday night and arrives in Rotterdam at 07:45am which would allow for a full days digging and a maybe a couple of beers before getting the bus back to london overnight on sat. ....i'd of course be trying to get as much sleep as i can on the bus (if that's possible)..........though i'll be on my own so i'd welcome any travel companions if any vultures fancy roughing it and hooking up for the experience (PM us)

Comment

going

Comment

Originally posted by Feel Good By Numbers View Post
                    very very tempted to go over there for a wee adventure however a) i'd be on budget so only looking to do one day (Sat) to avoid paying accommodation, etc and b) I don't fly so budget flights are out of the question for me. i checked out overnight ferries from the UK but more expensive than i expected.

This could potentially be a truly hellish experience but there's an overnight bus to Rotterdam from Victoria in London (Megabus) leaving london late on Friday night and arrives in Rotterdam at 07:45am which would allow for a full days digging and a maybe a couple of beers before getting the bus back to london overnight on sat. ....i'd of course be trying to get as much sleep as i can on the bus (if that's possible)..........though i'll be on my own so i'd welcome any travel companions if any vultures fancy roughing it and hooking up for the experience (PM us)
                    I'd save up a bit, and give it the big one in November. You'll see an nth of it in less than a full day. Just saying.

Comment

Been without a fully functioning computer, so I've been off this board a while so... Hello again. Me and my lady will be there. It'll be our fist time at Utrecht any tips from you seasoned pros?
                      sigpic A Haunting Club

Comment

@ Jules, get a dealers pass, and take a portable!
                        "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

What @Craig says - spot on

From about post 15 onwards on this thread - there are some "do and don't" advice....

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
                            Been without a fully functioning computer, so I've been off this board a while so... Hello again. Me and my lady will be there. It'll be our fist time at Utrecht any tips from you seasoned pros?
                            Not professional, nor that seasoned but I would definitely recommend the falafels in the station Some people find a coathanger handy too. Ignore me, I'm talking twaddle as my want list has been blown out of the water, and I'm all disorientated
                            Portable, portable, portable, deffo. When you get your tickets, you'll get a lovely big poster with a floor plan and dealers list. If you are after a specific genre, it might be worth spending a bit of time online finding who's likely to have what you want, and where they are. Having said that, genre specific stalls are less likely to pay too much heed to stuff they have that falls outside of it. Check the boxes on the floor too. Mostly, have fun.

Comment

Thanks... Got a portable, just a cheapie ion one but it (kinda) does the job. Didn't know how to go about getting a dealers pass but I'm sure there'll be more than enough to buy on sat/sun, maybe I'll try for that if we go back in November.
                              Painkillers might be a good shout, I think my knees are ageing twice as fast as the rest of me.
                              sigpic A Haunting Club

Comment

Working...
                              X