Famous people on public transport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Famous people on public transport

Today it was Omar on the train watching an episode of Seinfeld on his phone - I was tempted to say hello and ask why he never made it as big as he should have done, but thought better of it.

Last week it was Shirley Williams - she was out of money on her Oyster card but she didn't get off!

Last edited by SirSlim; 26-03-2015, 01:45 PM.

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
    Today it was Omar on the train watching an episode of Seinfeld on his phone - I was tempted to say hello and ask why he never made it as big as he should have done, but though better of it.
    i'd like to think his response would have been to point out that Seinfeld was HUGE

or he'd look up, point at the screen and exhalt the comedy genius by singing "there's nothing like this".

Comment

Originally posted by alanmck View Post
      i'd like to think his response would have been to point out that Seinfeld was HUGE

or he'd look up, point at the screen and exhalt the comedy genius by singing "there's nothing like this".

Comment

Bjork asked me if I was waiting for a taxi (I wasn't, I was waiting), but I suppose that's private carriage.
        Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
          he can be such a Lye-Fooker, that boy.

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
            Bjork asked me if I was waiting for a taxi (I wasn't, I was waiting), but I suppose that's private carriage.
            I recently bumped into supermodel Jon Kortarajena (who offered to suck Colin Firth off in A Single Man) at a taxi rank. He was beautiful.
            Gay or not, you would, wouldn't you?

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

funnily enough I met Louis Theroux on the Picaddilly Line only last week. I said hello, asked him how he was then got off at Picadilly Circus. I was surprised by how handsome he was, kind of a thinking womans Jon Kortarajena.

I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

Comment

I work right next to Piccadilly Station in Manchester and quite often during my lunch break I'll spot well known faces to-ing and fro-ing. Rio Ferdinand, Former Health Secretary Alan Johnson, Anthea Turner, Martin Keown, Andrew Sachs, Martin Chambers from the Pretenders are amongst those spotted in recent years.

The best incident was when I saw a smart fella in a suit posing for a photo surrounded by railway employees. I thought it was a managers leaving do, but then the besuited gent strolled another five yards to be stopped by someone else wanting a selfie, and then another five yards and another selfie and so on. He'd stopped to chat with a couple more passers by as I approached and I heard him ask where the car rental pickup was. It was Donny Osmond, all alone and seemingly completely unphased by any of this - what a nice bloke!

The worst incident was quite recently when I spotted another familiar besuited chap obviously struggling to drag one of those luggage trolleys across the concourse - I thought I'd better offer some assistance - I'd immediately recognised him as one of my all-time TV heroes...you know?...yeah, that guy who makes those great documentaries?....I had a complete mental block and couldn't for the life of me recall the man's name and embarrassed, I passed by, later feeling rather guilty that I hadn't helped a gentleman of a certain age, famous or not.

Later when my memory had recovered and in an effort to assuage my guilt I went online and ordered 'The Jonathan Meades Collection' on DVD....what a fool I'd been...
                you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

Is that a young Jonathan Meades in this Hipgnosis cover for Dirty Tricks 'Night Man' LP?

Probably not.
                  Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Originally posted by Brass Monkey View Post
                    funnily enough I met Louis Theroux on the Picaddilly Line only last week. I said hello, asked him how he was then got off at Picadilly Circus. I was surprised by how handsome he was, kind of a thinking womans Jon Kortarajena.

He was my neighbour for several years. Surprisingly affable. I didn't ever meet him on public transport, though.
                    http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Originally posted by Milesago View Post
                      Is that a young Jonathan Meades in this Hipgnosis cover for Dirty Tricks 'Night Man' LP?

Probably not.
                      Certainly looks like him to me. He likes his rock and he likes cars so it wouldn't be at all out of the question. Good spot!
                      you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

I've seen both Neil Tennant of the Pet Shop Boys and Victor Lewis Smith of something I´ve forgotten fame waiting for trains on Christmas Eve to go home to visit their mams.
                        Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I once shared a ride in a lift with Peter Andre and Jordan's kids, their nanny and security guard - beat that!
                          In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Buckshot from Black Moon once asked me about sizes in a sneaker store in NYC

Comment

I passed German foreign minister Joschka Fischer on my bike the night Germany entered Afghanistan. Saw it in the news later and he was still wearing the same tie. I found that odd but why should he I thought.
                              All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Working...
                              X