A right old carve up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A right old carve up

Following on from another thread. The thought of being able to get tracks pressed up onto 45s is actually quite appealing to me. Don't think I'd ever actually bother, but I have been thinking about what I would really like to have on a 45 that doesn't exist in that format already. Two came to mind straight away. One, because I've loved the tune for a very long time, and I've never seen it on vinyl, the other is a bonus cut on a cd compilation and would have made a great 45.
    How's about indulging yourself and sharing what you would commit to vinyl, any genre for any reason, as long as it's not already a 7" 45.
    Here's mine

Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

This on a ten inch please

North of the River Cole

Comment

Tito two-sider for me, only available on 78s and comps as far as I know.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I find the "World in Action" music very compelling. Not sure if it is just nostalgia. So many connotations - 'nostalgia' doesn't seem right.

There is a particular version on Youtube that I favour. I've often thought that it would be nice to have a disc of some sort.

Comment

Originally posted by Funktionnaire View Post
          I find the "World in Action" music very compelling. Not sure if it is just nostalgia. So many connotations - 'nostalgia' doesn't seem right. There is a particular version on Youtube that I favour. I've often thought that it would be nice to have a disc of some sort.
          A few years ago I started on a project to release the "World in Action" theme through my label. During my research I discovered that there still exists a copy of a 15ips Mono tape consisting of opening, alt opening, EOP/SOP. Bridge and 3 minute closing which would make for a great "EP", I have very low bit rate files of these and they're great. It was published by Mercury Music which was Granada's own publishing company but nowadays their publishing (as ITV) is handled by EMI...and as always that's where the story ends!
          markmorb.blogspot.com

Briars Frome
          http://briarsfrome.bandcamp.com

Comment

Top marks for having a go Morbius, that would have been blinding. According to the Youtube clips, there seems to be bad blood all round regarding who wrote it and who took the credit for it. Such a shame. I think the word that sums it up for me is evocative.With a touch of guilt and fear on the side, as I would usually be waiting for WIA to start (so I could hear the theme) when really I should have been doing my maths homework for the next day.
            Good call Babycart. Hadn't considered the possibility of a two sider. Got me thinking again now.

Comment

I'd like to have a copy of this which I first heard when posted up by Eclipsechaser (I think) last year. One of the best things I heard last, or any year. It would need a great picture sleeve to go with it.

"You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Somehow I missed that at the time. Completely bonkers.

Comment

Originally posted by Funktionnaire View Post
                  I find the "World in Action" music very compelling. Not sure if it is just nostalgia. So many connotations - 'nostalgia' doesn't seem right.

There is a particular version on Youtube that I favour. I've often thought that it would be nice to have a disc of some sort.

If I remember rightly the closing credits start at 0:26, this could really give added impact and melancholy to the content of the show, especially if the subject matter was the Norther Ireland troubles or suchlike.
                  https://tdrec.bandcamp.com/

Comment

How about having World In Action one side and then this on the other to cheer everyone up a bit?

Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

After reading the comments under another World in Action video, I wouldn´t go near it with a bargepole, Treeboy. They´d tear you limb from limb.

I think it would make a good subject for a hard-hitting investigative current affairs documentary on long-simmering copyright disputes
                      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

If this was in a 7" that would be one of my first choices.

¡A tope con la vida!

Comment

A double "A" side from me:

all men are evil - mae barnes (starts circa 3:35)

swim swim swim - michel legrand

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
                            I'd like to have a copy of this which I first heard when posted up by Eclipsechaser (I think) last year.
                            I confess: it was me. Sorry for any traumas caused.

Comment

Unreleased Augusto Alguero FTW

Comment

Working...
                              X