Whyte Horses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whyte Horses?

Did anyone pre-order that interesting-looking Dom Thomas project thing a while back?

If so, did it ever arrive? Mine hasn't but can't remember if I've deleted an email with updated release date on....
    Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

I ordered it ages ago and it hasn't shown up yet. There have been a number of emails saying it's delayed but I think they have gone past the latest deadline they set for themselves some while back
    Thanks for reminding me in fact.

Comment

Yes still waiting for it to turn up. I ordered it from Piccadilly records and it's still showing as expected soon.

Comment

maybe the pressing plant had to do Moomins 45s first?

Comment

Originally posted by alanmck View Post
          maybe the pressing plant had to do Moomins 45s first?
          Hopefully there was still a little left on the plate - mash-up stylee!
          Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

I hope this won't go the same way as the Trader Horne - I have a shit feeling about it
            Rockwell
            Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Got this email today

Pop or Not Bespoke LP update
              Another update for everyone who's pre-ordered the limited bespoke Pop or Not vinyl edition...
              We're still waiting for the latest batch of test pressings further delayed by RSD 2015, we hope to have these soon, but we're still looking at another 2 weeks before delivery. All we can say is it's been extremely frustrating to have to wait ridiculous lead times as a result of the factory overloads, but please hang tight and we'll get the album to you as soon as humanly possible, as soon as shipping date is confirmed we will notify all customers.
              Here's a free download of Dom's Mutant Mishaps mix from a few years back to keep you going :

http://we.tl/YGqo24kkFr

If anyone would prefer a refund to avoid the wait, please email [email protected] and we'll reimburse you…
              Whyte Horses would like to say thanks again for the continued support in this rather annoying time…
              Marvyn x
              Not sure if it's been caused by their seeing this thread. Either way, I'm pretty sure that it aint gonna go the way of Trader Horne. They are offering a refund and if it was a con I don't think they would do that. I'm not going to ask for the refund. One thing I'd say though - I don't really see a link to a mix from a few years back (or any mix really) as much of a sweetener. If they do want to apologise for the cock-ups I would rather have something physical that is worth something and which shows genuine contrition instead of just that which really doesn't show a whole lot of effort on their part.

Comment

Any updates on this anyone?

Comment

nothing - getting a bit silly now - embarrassing all round
                  Rockwell
                  Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

https://youtu.be/I8j2ej5jqQw

Comment

Originally posted by Sie-Fly View Post
                      nothing - getting a bit silly now - embarrassing all round
                      It IS embarassing, but I can't see there's anything they can actually DO. You send your masters to the pressing plant, who put it in the queue and you wait. And wait. And wait. Record Store Day has made running a small label nearly impossible. If you want something released in April, you need to get everything into the plant in NOVEMBER.

Hopefully the presses found in America, and the one recently auctioned on ebay (from Africa?) will ease things once they're up and running...
                      Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Mr Divine makes a good point, i think, re the situation. the comms bit still feels a bit rubbish though, especially as small labels/ short pressing runs need the ongoing support of their community to be viable.

there must still be people on the board who can ask Dom directly....

Comment

As the thread starter, I'm happy to wait a bit - I have other fun post to keep occupied until then. It might turn out to be a killer LP?
                          Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

I hope so. Just wish I had some more communication. I dunno, I guess it's difficult but they took our money in... December was it?

Comment

Production times are very long at pressing plants now, but my releases are turning up when i'm informed they'll turn up (once i've delivered the masters).
                              The Sound of Salvation blog

Final Upgrade Genuine Archive Item
                              Vault mint

Comment

Working...
                              X