Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

April 2015 releases/reissues

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • April 2015 releases/reissues

    Couldn't find a thread for April releases/reissues and just wanted to recommend two reissues.

    First, a sought-after (for good reasons) Swedish jazz album has been reissued for Record Store Day, Börje Fredriksson's "Intervall":



    Also, The African Souls' pretty fantastic "Hallelouia" 7" has been repressed.


  • #2
    Probably news to no one but me…

    The most recent Amorphous Androgenous release is oz-centric. Includes what is, for me, the key track from Claudia and Hiroshi’s “Six To Six”. In fact, “This Early Broadminded's Emptiness” was the only track that made an impression. The rest seemed a bit glossy and bland.

    I feel vindicated in not spending that money to secure a copy. Even more so because listening to it now on Youtube it doesn’t seem to deliver. Is it just me, or does the bass plod?

    I imagine that there will be those who will settle for AA until they get an OG C+H. Or, sooner or later, a reissue.

    Other stuff on the AA, of course.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by TommyB View Post
      Couldn't find a thread for April releases/reissues and just wanted to recommend two reissues.

      Also, The African Souls' pretty fantastic "Hallelouia" 7" has been repressed.

      Excellent news, I've just had a quick scan of the internal but with no joy. Any clues of where to get hold of a copy?

      Comment


      • #4
        There was a copy available on Discogs this morning for €12 from someone who I think might be affiliated with the label. http://www.discogs.com/African-Souls...elease/6903691

        Otherwise, I think the best bet is the email address to the label found in the comments here: https://soundcloud.com/out-there-rec...uls-hallelouia

        Good luck!

        Comment


        • #5


          nice popol vuh comp with one lp of piano music - the full spirit of peace suite from the old celestial harmonies comp and other pieces + an unreleased soundtrack + dvd. Not much in the way of sleeve notes and i havent been able to play it yet as my copy come with an ocean of static on record - but looks nice.
          Chimptown, now twinned with Cockermouth, Penistone and Big Beaver, Pennsylvania..

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TommyB View Post
            There was a copy available on Discogs this morning for €12 from someone who I think might be affiliated with the label. http://www.discogs.com/African-Souls...elease/6903691

            Otherwise, I think the best bet is the email address to the label found in the comments here: https://soundcloud.com/out-there-rec...uls-hallelouia

            Good luck!
            Bagged a copy.

            Thanks again.

            Comment


            • #7
              This https://bleep.com/release/56858 has been getting a lot of notice this month, including a double page in Mojo, unheard of since the days of Pay It All Back Vol 1


              North of the River Cole

              Comment


              • #8
                CD only at the moment (booooooooooo) but check this out:



                Horace on the keys, Brecker brothers on horns, Bill Lee on bass and Alvin fecking Queen on drums. This band never made it into the studio. Ever.

                http://www.jazzmessengers.com/en/687...and-boston-nyc

                you know what to do. i know I have.

                Comment


                • #9


                  june release date, on jazzman. comped by me and the one d. brooker. should appeal to people on here. I'd start a thread about it, but I'm not sure where would be appropriate.

                  anyway, you will like it. Indiana Highway!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by francis View Post


                    june release date, on jazzman. comped by me and the one d. brooker. should appeal to people on here. I'd start a thread about it, but I'm not sure where would be appropriate.

                    anyway, you will like it. Indiana Highway!
                    go to the "June 2015 new releases and reissues" thread I just started and tell us all about it...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by alanmck View Post
                      CD only at the moment (booooooooooo) but check this out:



                      Horace on the keys, Brecker brothers on horns, Bill Lee on bass and Alvin fecking Queen on drums. This band never made it into the studio. Ever.

                      http://www.jazzmessengers.com/en/687...and-boston-nyc

                      you know what to do. i know I have.
                      Wow.

                      Live versions of my favourite track from this Lp:





                      Comment


                      • #12
                        THE new Bill Fay LP Who is the Sender is out this Monday. Reocorded at Konk Studios & with (more or less) the same band & producer who worked on Life is People from a couple of years ago:

                        http://deadoceans.com/artist.php?name=faybill

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cJWoox3l7Q

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          absolutely loving this reworked Boosey & Hawkes 10"

                          new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X