moving house. Panic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving house. Panic

im moving house. im in a state of panic.
    why do I have so many records? if I sell them, in three months when im all moved in will I miss them?
    do I sell raers? and then panic later when moved in?
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

The dread of moving has kept me put for 10+ yrs. I don't like change.
    Though I've seen folks on here with positive stories so it must be possible.

Comment

Switch to MP3s then you are mobile :-)
      My Mixcloud

Comment

Sell everything but proper rares and LPs you love dearly - you won't miss the rest. Do it now !
        Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Paul, I just moved with over 4000 LPs plus 45s and other stuff. Ignore those fools ... think of all the fun you will have reorganising and reshelfing them when you get settled in to your new abode
          https://oneboxrecordfair.wordpress.com/
          http://twitter.com/#!/obrftokyo
          https://instagram.com/obrftokyo/
          https://www.facebook.com/Its-Time-Fo...5685810999497/

Formerly, lecturer at the University of Rome, with two commas and a full stop in the normal way.

(=^ェ^=)

Comment

The main reason for actually buying a house is to put shelving up. been renting for too long with flimsy shelves.
            I keep looking at everything and thinking, do I need this? shall I sell it. I think a purge is needed. but nothing important to me.
            I even was thinking of selling off some of my Hendrix collection! unthinkable even three months ago
            instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

yeah. I have about 2500 lps. not many 7"s really. I have been selling little bits off slowly over the past few years. I think I could get rid of about 500 and not miss them. might do me good as well, and clear space for some new records.
              instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-K View Post
                yeah. I have about 2500 lps. not many 7"s really. I have been selling little bits off slowly over the past few years. I think I could get rid of about 500 and not miss them. might do me good as well, and clear space for some new records.

Comment

I sold a load before moving a few years ago - much happier with my tighter collection (though it's snuck back up a bit since)

Currently about 2000-2500 and can't see why I'd need much more than that. Feels a bit unwieldy as it is ....
                  Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Don't listen to these people.

I know this isn't considered 'healthy' ... but unless you need the cash, don't sell anything.

Keep them all.

Unless they feel like a millstone, or you feel like they have become a mental health issue - then OK, get rid of them.

Purging your collection will not make you happy unless you're a control freak.

But I know this isn't the mainstream view.

On the other hand, moving 2500 LPs will be a complete pain in the arse, admittedly. Think of how much more you will love them afterwards.

I used professional movers. I asked them to be as careful as they could with the LP boxes, and tipped them generously afterwards. It was worth every penny.

PS. 2500 LPs is NOTHING.
                    Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

actually buying a house
                      Yaaay!!!!....Someone's buying a house!!!!!!!!....the recession is OVER!!!!!!!!!......let's all go out and BUY SOME RECORDS!!!!!!!!!!!
                      you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

Buy a bigger house, job done.
                        some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

I sold a load of stuff 20+ years ago because I was a bit low on funds. Didn't get as much as I hoped I would, and now there's no way I could afford to replace them anyway. Missed them more in the last few years than before.
                          Be creative with your shelving, and you'll get them in
                          Good luck with the move btw, the stress is only temporary, but, it seems, mandatory.
                          Everyone tear down your own little wall
                          That keeps you from being a part of it all
                          Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                          You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

thanks for your support
                            I think I can lose a few, i won't sell anything rare that I really like.
                            I have a box of spoken word records for a mix tape that I will never do. I think they can all go.
                            instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

thanks for your support
                              I think I can lose a few, i won't sell anything rare that I really like.
                              I have a box of spoken word records for a mix tape that I will never do. I think they can all go.
                              Neither will I. Copy them as wav files and then dump them is one suggestion.
                              Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Working...
                              X