People's Instinctive Travels And The Paths Of Rhythm 25 years old today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People's Instinctive Travels And The Paths Of Rhythm 25 years old today

Classic groundbreaking album and a big favorite. Amazing how time flies.

Share your instinctive travels.

https://youtu.be/FCvzcKC_FGw

A 19-year old blonde was playing this in her dad´s BMW when she screeched to a halt in central Newcastle. picked me up and whisked me off to a sun-dappled pool on the North Tyne, where we bathed, got stoned and applied Ambre Solaire.

Sometimes I think it´s all been downhill since.
    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Classic LP. Still my fave Tribe record. A solid lp from start to finish...rare in hip hop.
      "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Absolutely amazing, I had to check if it really was the Tribe album or if the title of the post and my memory were playing a trick on me.

I remember my introduction to Tribe was through the Bonita Applebum 12" and wasnt it on TOTP? Anyways I was never convinced of them until Scenario came out. I just wasnt feeling the whole hppy vibe of the Native Toungues at that point. At the time I listened to either tapes or 12" records so if it wasnt on 12 then it wasnt for me. What a fool!! Just one of those stupid rules that I made up back then for myself. However in hindsight I love the album and to think that these guys were 16/17 at the time is an amazing acheavement.

The other day I nearly walked into a lamp post whilst reading a poster of Mob Depp celebrating their 20th of The Infamous (a ground breaking rap album IMHO!!). Mob Deep are doing a 20 year aniversary concert which I will probably go along to. I do hope that Tribe can get it together for a quick tour I would love to see them, 25 years is shocking gotdamnit I am old.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
          Classic groundbreaking album and a big favorite. Amazing how time flies.

Share your instinctive travels.

https://youtu.be/FCvzcKC_FGw
          Classic, big fav too but their best imo was Low End Theory. 25 yrs ago... that makes me feel old.

Comment

It's now older than I was at the time of its release.

Comment

Working...
            X