X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay global shipping program

YOU’LL SOON BE ENROLLED INTO
    THE GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAMME

We’re pleased to let you know that your account will soon be enrolled into the Global Shipping Programme. It’s an easy way to reach millions more buyers with minimal changes to your current processes.
    We think you could increase sales by using the Global Shipping Programme to expand to more countries. The programme automatically calculates international postage costs if you haven’t already set them yourself.
    Key points:

• You can reach more buyers outside of the UK.

• International buyers automatically see a postage cost to their country on your listings if you haven’t already set a postage cost yourself.

• Any existing postage costs or country exclusions remain in place – the programme doesn’t override them.

• Simply post the item sold through the programme to the UK Shipping Centre address we provide and the rest is taken care of for you.

• Additional seller protection if a buyer claims not to have received their item.

great. I don't ship worldwide unless its something worth a bit. its too much hassle. plus I use stamps for uk post so I don't have to go to the post office. Ebay is getting worse and worse
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

You should try and opt out of that shit if you can. People buying from you may end up getting hit with customs charges, thoughtfully calculated for you by eBay.
    https://oneboxrecordfair.wordpress.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/obrftokyo
    https://instagram.com/obrftokyo/
    https://www.facebook.com/Its-Time-Fo...5685810999497/

Formerly, lecturer at the University of Rome, with two commas and a full stop in the normal way.

(=^ェ^=)

Comment

After 10 years of selling on ebay, and having no problems, over the past 12 months I had so many scammers (mainly from Spain and Italy) I decided to do UK only unless non UK are willing to pay for International Signed For.
      Most people aren't willing to pay the extra so sales are definitely down as are prices due to reduced volume of bidders.
      So a global shipping programme is useless to me unless they clamp down on scammers. Don't forget the 10% ebay also skim off the postage costs.

Comment

yea thats proper stupid stuff (for the buyer at least).
        i didn't notice that a seller was part of this program recently.
        so a 50$ record did cost me 80$ in the end and took four times longer to arrive.
        Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Comment

To opt out of the Global Shipping Programme at an account level:

1.Go to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences.
          2.Click the Show link to the right of the Postage Preferences section.
          3.Click the Edit link to the right of Offer the Global Shipping Programme.
          4.Click Opt Out.
          5.Review the information. If you still wish to opt out, click Continue to opt out.
          instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

I just got this too, heading straight for opt out at warp speed.

Comment

Just got the same thing, I rarely sell but will be opting out. I'm not sure if US sellers are aware of how off putting this is for an international buyer, unless I'm desperate for it I just dont bid, the handling fees and import charges are a killer. I was caught out when this was new, typically on a really pricey piece

Comment

Originally posted by proteus View Post
                Just got the same thing, I rarely sell but will be opting out. I'm not sure if US sellers are aware of how off putting this is for an international buyer, unless I'm desperate for it I just dont bid, the handling fees and import charges are a killer. I was caught out when this was new, typically on a really pricey piece
                Plus trying to get a postage discount for a multiple order is almost impossible. As soon as I see Global Shipping on a listing I move on...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-K View Post

4.Click Opt Out.
                  5.Review the information. If you still wish to opt out, click Continue to opt out.
                  Has this worked for anyone?

I can do the first three stages but then there's no option to 'click opt out'.

WF

Comment

Thank you for saving me the trouble of starting this thread.

Apparently ebay doesn't think the various postal services around the world have jacked their rates up high enough yet, so they had to come up with this bamboozle. If the seller is in this Global Shipping Program(me), the buyer will be charged for international signed-for shipping regardless of the value of the item, a handling fee, and import duty, if applicable. I've been buying records from the UK and Europe for over 25 years and have never once paid any import duty, even if the actual value is noted on the customs form. Maybe the people in customs can't be bothered, or maybe they assume a record can't be valuable enough to merit duty, but whatever...hasn't happened. Ebay claims that a 3rd party is kindly handling all of these services and fees. The 3rd party is Pitney Bowes. What ebay gets out of it, I don't know, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't some quid-pro-quo.

Also, Int'l Signed-For shipping costs £20.45 for a £100 record, but only £15.35 for a £30 record. Imagine that. Sort of like PayPal's approach to fees.

The only way I'll bid or BIN on a record where the seller is using the Global Shipping Program(me), is if the record is so difficult to find that I'm not sure I'd be able to get another crack at it, or the price on the record is way below value. This sham is going to hurt sellers, as the smaller pool of bidders will mean lower closing values...I used ebay's feedback system to complain, and I suggest others do as well. Will it do any good? Who knows, but it can't hurt.

I've had a look through many records that I'm watching, and there's very few that are using this GSP, so either it's not a default setting, or sellers are opting out.

Anyway, I hope the word gets out. This "system" is making a bad situation (the cost of international post) worse.
                    https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

Originally posted by Willy-Fogg View Post
                      Has this worked for anyone?

I can do the first three stages but then there's no option to 'click opt out'.

WF
                      I found the same. On reading the mail again, I think you have to wait until it automatically enrolls you in the programme, a couple of days after the mail, and only then can you opt out.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-K View Post

4.Click Opt Out.
                        Thanks for that, just successfully opted out .....
                        OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Comment

Working...
                        X