Like the Novi Singers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like the Novi Singers

I'm having a real Novi Singers moment - can't seem to get enough of those wordless vocals!!
    I've got a couple of other things that sound a bit like them but wondered if you guys had any recommendations??
    "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

did secret santa send you the "vocal jazz inc" thing, with "Chiapas on it?

if (s)he did, that might be worth a try, though its more close harmony than vocalese...

Comment

Estonia's COLLAGE are like a much deep, darker Novi to me (I'm sure you're familiar with them)

Or the JUMPING JACQUES are like a way more stupid and annoying Novi. So defo check them!
      Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by pencilface View Post
        Estonia's COLLAGE are like a much deep, darker Novi to me (I'm sure you're familiar with them)
        Collage is a very good call, dunno how i forgot them.

Comment

some barbara moore?

Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Comment

les masques maybe?

Comment

also some of the gimmicks stuff?

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys

Originally posted by alanmck View Post
                did secret santa send you the "vocal jazz inc" thing, with "Chiapas on it?

if (s)he did, that might be worth a try, though its more close harmony than vocalese...
                Secret Santa did send me Vocal Jazz Inc - gawd bless him
                To my ears they sound a bit like Raw Silk - but without the 80s production!

Originally posted by pencilface View Post

Or the JUMPING JACQUES are like a way more stupid and annoying Novi. So defo check them!
                Love Collage
                Is their first LP any good?
                I was playing Kadriko recently and Mrs E asked me what it was - when I told her it was a band from Estonian she said that she wished they'd stayed in Estonia!

Originally posted by effi_deep View Post
                also some of the gimmicks stuff?

Thanks for the suggestions Effi
                I've never heard of the Gimmicks or Les Masques but will try and track em down!
                "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Thrasher View Post
                    Wow - who would have thought that the Carpenters could be so jazzy
                    And the drums are very funky too
                    Thanks for that - will keep an eye out for it

Comment

to me this carpenters song is still one of the best things ever released on an lp.
                      every time i hear it i think nothing will every really get close to this.
                      it's 2 minutes of absolute perfection!

(and it can be yours for 50 pence)

Comment

Originally posted by effi_deep View Post
                        to me this carpenters song is still one of the best things ever released on an lp.
                        every time i hear it i think nothing will every really get close to this.
                        it's 2 minutes of absolute perfection!

(and it can be yours for 50 pence)
                        THIS is what I LOVE about this place
                        I can find out about expensive records from a thousand blogs
                        But where else am I going to find out about hidden gems from records that most people would flick past?
                        I'm going to wait until I see a copy in a record shop - which maybe won't be too hard!
                        Many thanks for the tip guys

Comment

Les Swingle Singers - Jazz Sebastian Bach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu6t7ZRd0mQ

cheap as chips
                          Last edited by medlar; 07-05-2015, 08:50 PM.
                          some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

That Carpenters LP is great, they even manage to sneak in a Buffalo Springfield cover.
                            "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

I put this on my swap mix a few years back. Not strictly entirely wordless but plenty of ba-ba-ba's to be going on with. Cheap too!

Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

Working...
                              X