Dead wax issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead wax issue

Sold an expensive garage 7" to an overseas buyer.. All fairly graded explaining some visual label damage... Guy was happy...

Now a few weeks later he said he left it spinning and at some stage the needle jumped the run out/dead wax bit and has ruined his needle...!?

I explained that I didn't know it did that as I dj and lift needle once song complete but he isn't happy and is seemingly after discount or money towards needle...

Thoughts?

The condition of playing surface etc was honest - I never leave records running on non automatic decks...

Thanks

How is that your fault?
    All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Originally posted by Cacapo View Post
      How is that your fault?
      THIS.

Forever.

Comment

That is madness! Surely wouldn't get anywhere in a PayPal dispute so ignore him
        Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

possibly the most ludicrous claim I have ever heard.

Comment

Originally posted by francis View Post
            possibly the most ludicrous claim I have ever heard.
            How is that your fault?

Tell him to do one.

Comment

That's nuts.

I have had this happen on a couple of records where I got preoccupied and left it spinning. I've since bought an automatic because I'm forgetful. I'd suggest in the kindest words possible that maybe he should too. A little empathy reduces Paypal disputes.

But no money. Or discount.

Comment

Originally posted by enrico chiesa View Post
                Sold an expensive garage 7" to an overseas buyer.. All fairly graded explaining some visual label damage... Guy was happy...

Now a few weeks later he said he left it spinning and at some stage the needle jumped the run out/dead wax bit and has ruined his needle...!?

I explained that I didn't know it did that as I dj and lift needle once song complete but he isn't happy and is seemingly after discount or money towards needle...

Thoughts?

The condition of playing surface etc was honest - I never leave records running on non automatic decks...

Thanks
                After I read your post I went to make a cup of tea and accidentally spilled some of it on my shoes. Its clearly your fault that I spilled my tea so I'm going to demand that you pay for my shoes to be cleaned. Seems fair to me
                "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post
                  After I read your post I went to make a cup of tea and accidentally spilled some of it on my shoes. Its clearly your fault that I spilled my tea so I'm going to demand that you pay for my shoes to be cleaned. Seems fair to me

That's reasonable.
                  All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Working...
                  X