Girl Bands Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girl Bands Wanted

OK, my girlfriend did a night to celebrate International Women's Day this year and last year too. The night had bands with (mainly) girls playing, female djs, workshops run by female artists and so on and so forth - you get the general idea. Anyway, it looks as though the night has spawned a more regular monthly club night type thing. They have the djs covered for the first one (on 9th July) but they still need bands. And for future events they will need more bands and maybe djs too.
    So, to recap, they need:

9th July - Bands
    Future events - Bands and possibly djs too

If you are, or know, a good (mainly) female band or good female dj who might be interested then please get in touch. You can pm me here and I'll link you with Liza. Or else if you know the band's contact details you could just send those to me.
    Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah, I should probably say it will help if you're based in London or can at least get there when you need to cos that's where the events are.

Comment

have reposted your request via FB so fingers x you get some replies
      The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

PM sent.
        To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

Nice one. I've sent the details to Liza.

Comment

I'm liking Pins at the moment, they're a bit busy up until end of July:
            http://www.wearepins.co.uk/home.php
            The Downstairs Lounge
            http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
            http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

Also passed on, thank you!

Comment

Are the nights for both sexes or just female only?
                Everyone tear down your own little wall
                That keeps you from being a part of it all
                Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

They will be for everyone.

Comment

Still looking for bands as no-one has replied in the affirmative yet.

Comment

Just to let you know. It looks as though the first gig will feature a South London based girl band called Madonnatron and... a slight cheat. Adam, one of the guitarists from Fat White Family does amazing solo stuff under the name One Man Destruction Show - it seems that he will play in drag as One Woman Destruction Show. I think it's incredibly impressive the way he drums with one hand while playing the guitar and harmonica.

I should say - there will be further nights and thus a need for more girl bands and djs or boys willing to undergo the op. Please keep them coming if you think of anyone appropriate.

Comment

9th July is my birthday! I would be interested, but probably in the very distant future as I'm not in a band but hope to be someday.
                        I'll keep this in mind for when I get something together.

Comment

Working...
                        X