Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inner sleeves, outer sleeves, plastic cover suppliers and recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inner sleeves, outer sleeves, plastic cover suppliers and recommendations?

It's time for a big upgrade to record storage here. I'd like to replace 12" sleeves with inner sleeves and white card outers, and replace many LP inners with better new inner sleeves, and of course find some new plastic outer protective sleeves.

What kinds and which suppliers would you recommend for sourcing large quantities of inner sleeves, white card outer sleeves for twelves and plastic sleeves for LPs please?

What kinds of inner and outer sleeves do you recommend, and what kind of plastic outers? Looking for long term storage, so mould resistance, ability to resist fading and shrinkage etc etc. inner sleeves with inner plastic wrap? Just plain paper? PVC sleeves or other plastics? Tips please! Thanks for this.
    http://www.blaxploitation.com
    Chops for show, groove for dough.

I always go to Covers 33. They possibly aren't the cheapest but they are fast (next day delivery), efficient and have a good selection. http://www.covers33.co.uk

Be careful with those stout heavy duty PVC sleeves - some cause record rot.
    Polythene or similar are better.
    PVC is unstable and gives off vapours that mists up records, irreversibly.
    galaxy of fallon to telepath 1

Comment

If I may just tag this on to your thread theeman.On some of the 45s I get from the US, there are very lightweight, crystal clear sleeves. I've never come across them over here. I'd be interested in picking some up if I could find a supplier. Anyone else had them? Any ideas appreciated.
      Everyone tear down your own little wall
      That keeps you from being a part of it all
      Because you've got to be one with the one and all
      You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

I have the feeling you are talking about cellophane bags. Occasionally I buy some from simply-envelopes.co.uk for non-record related use, but I can't find any square one that will house a 7" (177.8mm). They have some 8"x8" in Amazon but I have never used any so I can't give any feedback about them.
        ¡A tope con la vida!

Comment

I have a 7" that I bought last year from Spain and it's housed inside a cellophane bag measuring 190x220mm. It has a peel and seal on the back, but I can't find any of that size in the UK... The good thing about these bags is that if you find them they are going to be really cheap compare to the polythene or PVC ones.
          ¡A tope con la vida!

Comment

When we are talking about thousands of 45s, it saves a lot of space too!
            (Room for more records he he!)

Comment

Sounds like you're talking about Mylar bags. Well known in the comics world.
              Mylar is the trademark name. Its a form of polyester plastic, very thin, very crisp & clear.
              Japanese releases are often found in this kind of sleeve.
              Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

I've had a few Japanese 45s in those bags too. Thanks for that Milesago

Comment

Sounds warehouse or covers 33 and thick poly rather than PVC, inner you could use a poly lined inner, but some think any plastic directly on vinyl is bad.

For the mylar 45 sleeve I found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/45Rpm-Myla...item5d58c92ed5

But it has one of those anoying flaps that drives me crazy :-)
                  My Mixcloud

Comment

Yeah those flaps can drive you crazy, especially if they have an adhesive strip.
                    It helps a lot if the strip is on the bag rather than the flap.
                    If its on the flap, it will stick to the record sleeve each time you take the record out or put it in.
                    Without the strip, the flaps get scrunched up easily.
                    One guy I know puts the picture sleeve into a sealed Mylar bag, the vinyl into a generic white sleeve, and keeps both together in a loose polyethylene sleeve, sometimes with a white card stiffener!
                    Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Working...
                    X