Am I numpty...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I numpty...

...in this instance? 'Cos I wasn't sure of the price but I have a feeling I should be kicking myself hard and repeatedly for umming and aahing. And then missing this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4709809814
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Originally posted by Rich Hero
    ...in this instance? 'Cos I wasn't sure of the price but I have a feeling I should be kicking myself hard and repeatedly for umming and aahing. And then missing this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4709809814
    Oooooh - I'd say " a bit of a numpty "

Not sure of the going rate - but that seems pretty cheap to me. Even if you don't like the vocals, it's a good one to trade on...

Comment

Originally posted by Si Cheeba
      Not sure of the going rate - but that seems pretty cheap to me. Even if you don't like the vocals, it's a good one to trade on...
      That was precisely my train of thought...

DOH!
      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

no condition stated though, other than 'no skips'... might be full-on breakfast time in the transport caff

Comment

Goddamn!

Would've bought it in a flash if I wasn't currently barred from ebay cos I owe them £100!

Fucking grade A bargain, unless this is the first of a recent haul of them from somewhere... which judging from the dude's other auctions, it isn't. Someone had a good day today.
          http://wakeupanddie.com
          http://weirdgearnyc.com
          http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

'Record is scratched but plays without skips' hmmm.
            We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by john stapleton
              'Record is scratched but plays without skips' hmmm.
              And I'll take 2 eggs, 2 hash browns, bit o bubble and squeek and a large tea. with 3 sugars.

www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

yes that was a big miss, you should have phoned and had a listen to the "save me" side, it might have been clean, £500 pound record easy well spotted/missed though ill need to add that one to my search then

Comment

haha, have you checked out the seller's other auctions? crazy!

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZcaesarpug

Comment

Well, I thought the copy on Gerald's list had come via Jason but there's now two copies of Wanda Davis up for sale. So you have two chances to own the OG Greg. Time to find out the answer to my original question...

The one that got away.

Comment

Well, I thought the copy on Gerald's list had come via Jason but there's now two copies of Wanda Davis up for sale. So you have two chances to own the OG Greg. Time to find out the answer to my original question...

The one that got away.
                      That's Jay Stirland selling the copy he won on the original auction you missed, Rich. It's battered, by all accounts.

Still, I might go for it if the sound of bacon frying noise really does drown out the vocal as Jason says.

Where's the second copy, Rich - Gerald's sold his one, yes, for £800. I know - unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by Belson
                        Where's the second copy, Rich - Gerald's sold his one, yes, for £800. I know - unbelievable.
                        That's sold already? That was the second I was thinking of. Grief! Still, the way that that popped up immediately after I missed this one on the 'Bay, I assumed that Gerald had obtained it from Jay (and I was kicking myself that it graded VG++). There must be loads of them around...
                        Last edited by Rich Hero; 05-04-2005, 11:27 AM.

Comment

There must be loads of them around...
                          One thing that's guaranteed is it's a rare record.

If I'ld have been the label owner and presented with that embarrassing performance, I'ld have kept the pressing run low too. .

Comment

something tells me that you're not that keen on the lady's voice Greg - am I right ?

I can read between the line y'know...

What has she ever done to you anyway - did a nasty babysitter have a similar vocal style and left you mentally scarred or something....it's a real fly in the ointment for you aint it !

I think it's funny

Comment

Originally posted by Si Cheeba
                              What has she ever done to you anyway - did a nasty babysitter have a similar vocal style and left you mentally scarred or something....it's a real fly in the ointment for you aint it !

I think it's funny
                              I think her voice is funny too. .

Not really a fly in anybody's ointment really - but I'm totally flumoxed as to how anybody can actually like this rekkid as it is, let alone hold it up as a playoutable funk record. And then pay £800 for it.

The better records of sister funk, funk funk or whatever else you want to call it, should be championed way before anything like this. For somebody wanting to get into funk for the first time, gimme Little Jimmy Edward over Ms Davis any day of the week........... .

Comment

Working...
                              X