Moondog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moondog

I'm considering a half hour talk at the local jazz club in Diss. Which tracks are unmissable.
    I'm considering not giving a "talk" but interspersing the tracks with some of his poetry.
    Jazz ain't dead!

Anything off 'On The Streets Of New York'

One of, if not the first of his records to get a UK press too, which I proudly own a copy of
    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
      Anything off 'On The Streets Of New York'

One of, if not the first of his records to get a UK press too, which I proudly own a copy of
      Aye, it's dated 1954. I'd be keen to know how Kenny Graham & the Satellites released an album of covers in 1956? (I daresay I could start looking at the Trunk re-issue...) It's almost as if Moondog had a really switched on PR person over here in the UK.
      Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Or Kenny Graham was just a really switched on guy.
        SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Kenny Graham was just a really, really switched on guy

Comment

Kenny's switched on Moondog LP also got a US press in the 50s. This can be picked up for non insane prices. Hep.
            Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Working...
            X