Byker Groove hotels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Byker Groove hotels?

Me and Rich were talking, figuring that we really should sort out accomodation for Newcastle. So I thought that I'd start a thread to see who else is looking to get a hotel sorted. That way, if there's enough of us, we can try to get a bulk booking discount, which usually takes ten of us.

It's all booked.

Saturday & Sunday:
    manzo
    Rich Hero - £38
    Vibra - £38
    Bongolia - £38
    Colin Hero - £38
    Col Wolfe - £38

Sunday Only
    LDJB - £19
    Mr Divine - £19
    Last edited by manzo; 21-03-2005, 08:31 PM.
    Don't call it a comeback... H, N, and the number 7.
    Ok, it's a bit of a comeback, I suppose...

i am

Comment

Oh, the other important thing is, when are people planning on staying up in Newcastle? Me and Rich are thinking of going up on the Saturday, and staying Sunday night too.

Comment

Mr Divine and myself are coming up Sunday - will need a hotel for the Sunday night - can you 'split' the block booking over different days?
        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by manzo
          Oh, the other important thing is, when are people planning on staying up in Newcastle? Me and Rich are thinking of going up on the Saturday, and staying Sunday night too.
          I'm after a hotel Manz, and staying Satdee & Sundee sounds like a rather spiffing plan to me..
          Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

I can certainly try to split the block booking!

I'll put a list in the post at the top of this thread.

Comment

saturday and sunday for me please! was maybe even thinking about coming up on Friday night, but maybe that is excessive

Comment

I'm going to have dip out on this entirely I think

Got to make fixing the house up a priority at this end of May.... got some big cheques to write out 'round about then.

Doh !
                Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Hero
                  I'm going to have dip out on this entirely I think

Got to make fixing the house up a priority at this end of May.... got some big cheques to write out 'round about then.

Doh !
                  you sure Matt - I'll buy you a G&T mate.
                  "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

I'd be up for Sat and Sun if there's something going down on the Sat
                    If not, just the Sunday if that's alright

Trying to persuade my Belfastbitch to come too....

oh yeah, anyone flying out from Stanstead? if so, what times?
                    Last edited by Col Wolfe; 15-03-2005, 06:13 PM.
                    new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe
                      oh yeah, anyone flying out from Stanstead? if so, what times?
                      I maybe if I go on Saturday (otherwise I may beg Hayd or Sie who're going up Friday, I think?). Come up Saturday - you know it makes sense (that goes for you too Dario Sargento).
                      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

The Travelodge mentioned in the main thread has no rooms available on the Saturday.

One possibility is a Youth Hostel on Jesmond Road, which looks about a mile away from the Quayside (on Multimap). Having stayed in one in London for a Best of Brillo, they are of a decent standard, and nice and cheap (about £16 a night).

Is it worth me investigating this option further?

Comment

Yes, but looking at the website I wasn't sure whether we would be able to get back in or whether it actually closes at 11pm?
                          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

The Travelodge mentioned in the main thread has no rooms available on the Saturday.

One possibility is a Youth Hostel on Jesmond Road, which looks about a mile away from the Quayside (on Multimap). Having stayed in one in London for a Best of Brillo, they are of a decent standard, and nice and cheap (about £16 a night).

jesmond is nice area,and its not that far away from the taners/town.a 15min walk i rekon...
                            "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero
                              Yes, but looking at the website I wasn't sure whether we would be able to get back in or whether it actually closes at 11pm?
                              Just rang them, and once you're booked in, you get a key, so that you can get in anytime. So, that's not a problem.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the matter?

Comment

Working...
                              X