Drum machines, synths etc and where to buy them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum machines, synths etc and where to buy them

I wanna buy some cheap, second hand gear. I guess ebay and other online places is where I'll end up but does anyone know anywhere in London which is likely to sell second-hand electronic music stuff? Someone suggested a place on Denmark St to check out so that's on the list - but is there anywhere else?

Don't know if Charly still checks in here, but he's got a flat full of that gear, he'd know. Maybe PM him?
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Charly who, what's his name on here?

Comment

If you dont mind the scuzz of Cash Converters they can have some very well priced equipment I though too long about an MPC and it went for £300. You could also look at some of the cheap yet new analog/ vertual analog equipment that has been quite well recieved.

Comment

Try SoundonSound reader's ads. Can be a bit hit and miss but worth a try.

Alternatively Gumtree has always come up with some good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Filthy Rich View Post
            Charly who, what's his name on here?
            Charly is his user name. Came up to the Motorik Club with me.

Comment

i don't know if you're familiar with the korg volca series, but IMO they're a great and fun way to enjoy some analogue drum, bass and synth noodling. and they're cheap.

i don't know if you're new to the analogue synth game or not. but i found it pretty difficult to come up with a synth i really really liked. too often i didn't really get into what i tried or bought.
              going down the random ebay way might leave you with 10 synths of which you just like one...
              Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Comment

Amazing really! They're about the size of a Stylophone, which is where I came in and promptly left the world of electronic music making!

Comment

If you dont mind the scuzz of Cash Converters they can have some very well priced equipment I though too long about an MPC and it went for £300. You could also look at some of the cheap yet new analog/ vertual analog equipment that has been quite well recieved.
                  Had a quick look in the one near me yesterday but couldn't see anything, I will persevere.

Comment

i don't know if you're familiar with the korg volca series, but IMO they're a great and fun way to enjoy some analogue drum, bass and synth noodling. and they're cheap.
                    I asked this same question on facebook and this one got mentioned by Tom from the Horrors - so that's two votes on this one.

Comment

Charly is his user name. Came up to the Motorik Club with me.
                      Oh did he, were we introduced? My memory is shocking - sorry.

Comment

The Volcas are brilliantt, have a look at the ARIA range from Roland as well.

Comment

If you've got a bit of spare time on your hands and you can solder:

Roland TR-808 Clone "Yocto"

Cheaper than buying the original.

Comment

Anyone used these Pocket Operator things? I might spring for one of those when I get paid.

Comment

Which one though? They look like fun.

http://www.thefowndry.com/products/t...FTPKtAodqhoApA

Comment

Working...
                              X