so...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so...

...there is this record i'm obsessed with and only know a couple of tracks of.
    and this record happen to be pretty rare.
    and it used to be a 80$ to 100$ record.
    but i fear it will no longer be, because, you know, records are drying up and all that. and it's the days of the internet bla bla...
    and now a copy came up.
    and i know if i don't act quick, it will be gone pretty soon.

would you buy it? even if the seller asks double the going rate from a couple of years back?

you would buy it, wouldn't you?
    Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

I suspect that if you have to ask here, it means you know you can't really afford it.

There are plenty of records out there.
    To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

Buy it and then lie to yourself that you will cut back on flippant expenditure this month (few less nights out etc.) That’s what I do and it works (sort of).
      https://tdrec.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Originally posted by effi_deep View Post
        and this record happen to be pretty rare.
        and it used to be a 80$ to 100$ record.
        but i fear it will no longer be, because, you know, records are drying up and all that. and it's the days of the internet bla bla...
        and now a copy came up.
        and i know if i don't act quick, it will be gone pretty soon.

would you buy it? even if the seller asks double the going rate from a couple of years back?

If the record is ...say £150.

I'd get together £300 worth of records that never get played and sell them on.
        Then, you've actually made money and have the record you actually want.

Comment

The difficult thing here is that you only know a few tracks. What if the bits that you don't know aren't that good? But it sounds as if you have gone beyond that. So, putting that aside...

Cull some records, sure.

Consider also some non-flippant expenditure. My guess is that most of us could cut our food bill with a bit of planning. Fewer haircuts? Clothes from charity shops? Don't be silly about it, though. Do spend on essentials.

If it works out well you'll feel justified. If it doesn't, you won't make the same mistake again in a hurry.

Comment

Have it if you want it. Your pain won't last more than the time it takes for some more money to turn up, your regret could last for ever. Please note, I am not a qualified financial advisor.
            SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

and this record happens to be pretty rare...
              Where have you looked for audio so far?

Comment

Buy it! Its only money and I'm skint but if i had it I would by more records so long as they made me happy. On his death bed my grandfather said that he only regretted what he didnt do and had no regrets for what he did.

Comment

PULL THE TRIGGER

Comment

Sevi, if your reasoning is correct then it will hold its value. Therefore if you have that amount to spend, then go ahead.
                    some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

To be honest, I wouldn't worry too much about what it used to sell for a couple of years back. The world of northern soul is full of examples of £20 records which overnight become £200, simply because nobody wants to sell a £20 record. I've noticed a steep increase in demand for hip-hop 45s - things which a few years back sold for a fiver now sell for ten times that.

As everyone else says, it's the ones you don't buy that you regret. Flog a few bits to pay for half of it...
                      Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

It's like walking into a pub and asking drinkers if a whiskey would kill you, this . . .
                        To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

If you don't take the plunge, obsession will morph into torment and regret for something that was once in your grasp......

You like records. Buy it. No guilt necessary.
                          Everyone tear down your own little wall
                          That keeps you from being a part of it all
                          Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                          You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

If you've got the money, and you like it that much, and your not leaving yourself short buy the record.
                            "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Ask you partner? What would she say?

That's a joke! Not a funny one
                              Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Working...
                              X