MercardoLibre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MercardoLibre

Has anybody used MercardoLibre? It's a sort of Mexican eBay.

Even though the shipping is pricey, the records are cheap, but i'm in the situation where the seller wants me to send payment through Western Union rather than through the site (he has 3000 feedback so seems okay) and i've got the fear!
    MUSHRUMPS Daily party-prog MP3 blog

Its right accross south america , every country has its own MercardoLibre, I've bought off there from Argentina but through a friend who lived there and bought for me as I couldnt even work out how to join but like you say no paypal and most wont send overseas, difficult decision if its a lot of money
    Also Western Union charge about 8% on top of the amount you send

Argentina vinyl below, bear in mind even though it says $ its actually Pesos

http://musica.mercadolibre.com.ar/mu...DisplayType_LF

Comment

I've used it a bunch of times, with Western Union and everything. That part of it all is fine, the thing you want to watch for is the condition of the records

Sellers don't play-grade stuff there, grading standards are just super low.

i've gotten into many a dispute with south american sellers about the condition of stuff i've received. In one case I sent a seller back the records, and argentinian customs wanted to charge him US$100 just to return the records to him. As in, AFTER i'd ponied up to post them back (declaring it as a return) and they'd arrived in the country. Trust me, you don't wanna go there, so good to try and guarantee as much as possible that the record(s) isn't fooked before they send them over to you

Comment

I've used it a few times but not for a while now. From memory, each county seems to have its own site, Brazil is mercadolivre. I've bought from Brazil and Columbia, possibly some other country. One record I had was a bit rough but others have been NM as described. I had some concerns but negotiated paypal with all the sellers, some of whom had to sign up but were fine with that. I seem to remember the Columbian package taking a while and was opened and resealed by Bogota customs, the package was covered in forms, passport scans of the seller etc, all understandable given location and eventually came through and was all good in the end.

Comment

As has been said, it's not so much the site that is the 'problem' but the payment methods. Personally I'd steer well clear of things like Western union, there's just no guarantee whatsoever that you won't lose the cash.
          "THIS IS A FINE TAPE AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR WHEN THE MUSIC WORLD WAS GOOD AND NOT FOULED UP BY THE LONG HAIR SCURVES WHO JUST BEAT WILDLY ON ANYTHING AND COME UP WITH A LOT OF STUPID NOISE THat only damnfools and liars say they like it"

Comment

Working...
          X