X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there something I dont know ?

about this record

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stereo-68-...item541fee7d56

Did you know it's 29p on discogs? If not that's probably all you don't know about it.
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Elton John, Freddy Mercury, Jimmy Page and Keith Moon all appear on one track alledgedly
      some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by medlar View Post
        Elton John, Freddy Mercury, Jimmy Page and Keith Moon all appear on one track alledgedly
        Yes, I think they sat in with Cyril Stapleton's Orchestra didn't they.

Comment

Cyril Stapleton was a kind of pantomine human bandleader horse constructed by Elton John, Freddy Mercury, Jimmy Page and Keith Moon after a legendary jam 15 years before any of them had heard the blues. One would be the top half and the other the bottom. Most of the time it was Elton John and Keith Moon, but the other two filled in when they could. There are quite a few records, all priceless.

You may not have known this.
          Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Interestingly, Elton played the drums and Keith sang. After a particularly heavy session, Jimmy Page suggested that they try some practical magic and a clay effigy of 'Cyril Stapleton' was created and brought to life. Moon died the following night. I last saw Cyril Stapleton on Cromer Pier, where he is musical director.
            SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

I Heard that on the track "Boat" its actually John Lennon, fronting "the swingers", who are actually the Experience, from the Jimi Hendrix experience.
              instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

All of that for 29p on Discogs. This album is clearly a Holy Grail of popular music.
                SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

It is actually all prices at all times on Discogs, a bit like the Enterprise at Warp 10. Imagine that on 180 gram Virgin Vinyl!!!
                  Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

That 29p copy is still there. UK seller- maybe he'll accept an offer?

Comment

I've asked the seller.....

you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

Well, I received a very good natured and friendly reply....essentially when he's away on business, the missus does the listings and if uncertain, puts everything on at £99...on this occasion he hadn't noticed! Expect massive reductions soon!

Comment

Lets hope his missus lists a few 500 pound raers at £99 then , btw you may have got a nice reply but the price hasn't changed ..

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
                            It is actually all prices at all times on Discogs, a bit like the Enterprise at Warp 10.
                            +100 points for in-depth knowledge of the physics of sci-fi here :-)

Comment

Originally posted by reza View Post
                              Lets hope his missus lists a few 500 pound raers at £99 then , btw you may have got a nice reply but the price hasn't changed ..
                              "If she is unsure about a listing she lists at £99 if I am not around and I have been remiss in not analysing it quicker (my excuse is a sudden rush of orders that needed to be picked and packed as we sell on 4 different eBay accounts plus an Amazon one) I would venture to say that this one will end up selling for around £7 "

...he seemed a nice bloke so I didn't really want to say anything!....perhaps my enquiry has now led him to wonder if Jimi and Co. are hiding somewhere within the grooves...or maybe he's just been 'remiss' again!

Comment

Working...
                              X