Lyn Collins RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lyn Collins RIP

Just spotted the sad news on another forum : http://eurweb.com/story.cfm?id=19373

Only 56, another legend I never got to see play live ....
    FunkyDown
    Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Originally posted by Dr Rubberfunk
    Just spotted the sad news on another forum : http://eurweb.com/story.cfm?id=19373

Only 56, another legend I never got to see play live ....
    MODZ
    Hero No.9
    Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
    THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

Such a great singer...

RIP

Comment

oh. that's not supposed to happen.

Comment

very sad. so young.
          www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Rob Base might have thought it took two to make a thing go right, but it only took one Lyn Collins to make me feel right

Comment

if i was a betting man, i'd lay some money on there being some sort of teary-eyed tribute to this Hot Funky and Soulful woman some time soon. Anyone know of an appropriate night for such a thing?

Comment

very sad!

she did a tour just 3 weeks ago!
                can you explain to me what this word means?

www.myspace.com/deenoakathedustybutton

Comment

Very sad news. The Jazz Cafe gig a fortnight ago was great - Lyn was as good as you could hope for and Martha High was a revelation.

It was quite touching, too, all the more in retrospect. Alongside the funk ( including a great "Rocksteady") Lyn gave a very teary, heartfelt and long intro to "If You Don't Know Me By Now" with the story of her first husband and true love who died last year just before they reconciled, and talked about how she felt she'd just embarked on a new phase in her life and that she was enjoying every day as if it were her last.

Comment

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Working...
                    X