Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything else out there like 'The Backin' Up' song?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord Thames
    replied
    This one's my favourite - it works so well as a song, the actual music is really nicely written:

Leave a comment:

• Ian Townsend
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul-K View Post
    unfortunately youtube is blocked at work. but I love the one about the burger and the hide your wife song.
    I bloody love all of these and had no idea there were so many. I think it's because

a) the lack of crassness and predictability in the lyrics / themes (courtesy of the fact they were not intended as songs)
    b) I'm partial to bright, sparkly pop anyway
    c) I've been listening to tons of classical recently, so the pop / pap / cheese / corny element of these sounds refreshing.

I think I'm heading to ITunes to make a comp of these. ��

Thanks for all the recommendations and pointers. ������

Leave a comment:

• theeman
    replied
    this was one of the gregory brothers 'big hits' a few years ago. it's a great piece of righteous gospelly r'n'b / modern soul with very dark subject matter. beautifully executed.

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    These are from a soundcloud page of a guy called David Minnick. Under his 'The Sursiks' moniker he does things with found spoken audio:

https://soundcloud.com/david-minnick...y-dont-you-try

https://soundcloud.com/david-minnick...ks-hit-and-run

I think the first one is beautifully done and the second one with the news footage must have taken him ages.

His acapella 'cardiacs' covers are pretty impressive too.

Leave a comment:

• Xann
    replied
    Kutiman's 'Thru You' is 6 years old now!

Leave a comment:

• Paul-K
    replied
    unfortunately youtube is blocked at work. but I love the one about the burger and the hide your wife song.

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    This one makes me laugh:

and the Charlie Sheen one was funny. "I was banging 7 gram rocks, that's how I roll...":

Leave a comment:

• Y1000
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Y1000
    replied
    Check this one out its the first one I ever saw, my kids love it. Also check out "aint nobody got time for that" and the one with the girl singing about cats is very creepy but clever.

Leave a comment:

• Anything else out there like 'The Backin' Up' song?

Intrigued by the premise of this. Found it reading 'Beyond 2.0: The Future Of Music'.

'The Gregory Brothers, better known for their 'Autotune the News' series, took interview footage from local news coverage of a convenience store robbery and 'songified' it.'

Hate on the poppiness of it by all means, but it's very clever use of found material.

Working...
X