Another London record shop closes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another London record shop closes

Walking down Berwick Street yesterday I couldn't help but notice that MVE has closed - as have all of the shops on that side of the road
    Looks like that end of the street is being developed - another step in the gentrification of Soho
    I can't say I ever got a lot from MVE Soho - although I have picked up some nice things over the years. But I'm always saddened when a record shop closes
    Now there are only two MVEs - it doesn't seem so long ago were loads!
    "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Is it just Notting Hill and Greenwich left? and there used to be about 4 just in Notting Hill

Comment

Rumour has it that they are looking at viability of opening up at another Soho location - but apparently we shouldn't be holding our collective breath.
      "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post
        I can't say I ever got a lot from MVE Soho - although I have picked up some nice things over the years.
        Same here - remember picking up this one in there though many moons ago:

Comment

It was shut a couple of weeks ago when I was down that way. I'd completely forgotten. Never had a result in that branch, but always gave it a glance.
          Everyone tear down your own little wall
          That keeps you from being a part of it all
          Because you've got to be one with the one and all
          You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia View Post
            Is it just Notting Hill and Greenwich left? and there used to be about 4 just in Notting Hill
            There's one in Birmingham as well. Bloody Londoners etc.
            Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

Working...
            X