45 Storage boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45 Storage boxes

So my girlfriend has finally relented and has agreed to allow me to purchase some new 45 storage boxes with the caveat that no more 45s are ever on the floor (gulp!)

I want to get the 2 of the same boxes I already have but they seem to be out of stock everywhere.

If anyone knows an online seller or shop that has these in stock then please let me know.

Here is a link to what I'm after:

http://www.covers33.co.uk/shop/recor...t-case-silver/

Thanks

HMV stores are carrying these now. There's a stack of them in our local one in Reading so I'm guessing they can be found in others.
    Tracks & Grooves - Last Thursday of each month at MILK, Merchants Place, Reading. All-style vinyl throwdown.
    follow the dilletante @tracksgrooves

Comment

I purchased my through soundswholesale very reliable and cheap

Comment

Originally posted by RobLilley View Post
        I purchased my through soundswholesale very reliable and cheap
        Bollocks to boring aluminium heavy duty flight case mass produced choose-any-colour-as-long-as-its-black-or-silver get one of these CUSTOM MADE:

http://www.zoinksrecords.com/category.sc?categoryId=32
        http://www.jazzmanrecords.co.uk

http://www.fatcity.co.uk

Comment

I love a good 45s box. Those Zoinks boxes are ace. The double ones are.... doubly ace. Contacted them to see if they ship. Will report back. Thanks for the heads up on them JG
          Everyone tear down your own little wall
          That keeps you from being a part of it all
          Because you've got to be one with the one and all
          You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Heard back from Zoinks. They do international postage. They reckon about $55 p&p for 2 double 45 boxes. I put together a custom box, which came out at a shade under $100 each. The upshot of this is, I'm going to have a crack at it myself

Comment

I have 2 vintage Spisarbox made in Sweden, I think they took up production again but I can't find any links for getting them, so maybe they stopped making them again.
              They turn up regularly used here on auction, about £20.

------------------------------------------------------
              "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
                Heard back from Zoinks. They do international postage. They reckon about $55 p&p for 2 double 45 boxes. I put together a custom box, which came out at a shade under $100 each. The upshot of this is, I'm going to have a crack at it myself
                Yeah, they look like the canine's gonads! Looking forward to seeing the results!
                you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

Local carpenter did these for me by my instructions. One box holds approximately 100 records. Price per box was 25 euros.

retro-pop-art-confusion

Comment

Home base

Homebase budget option
                    Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

Had a bit of a go over Christmas. Went for the 2 lane option. Looked into using Tolex to cover it, but nice colours have to come from US and it would have worked out too costly. Completely over-engineered, usihg 1/2 inch ply on sides and middle and 6mm MDF on the rest. Pinned and glued. Latches and hinges fixed with split rivets because I like the domed heads. Thought about putting a handle on top, but there's not much point as I very rarely take them out and about, and it's flipping heavy when loaded. There's an option of putting a gun turret on top and going to war in it I reckon.
                      Fairly pleased for a 1st attempt. Just need about another hundred! Next one will be lighter materials I think.

[IMG][/IMG]

I think this is the photo where I'm supposed to put some dead rare 45s at the front to impress you all, but as I don't have any you'll have to make do with the Utrecht haul.
                      [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Wickedness increasing!!

ahem...

North of the River Cole

Comment

Very cool Treeboy - perhaps a handle for each side if you want to lift it
                          Last edited by medlar; 14-01-2016, 07:08 AM.
                          some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by Timo View Post
                            Local carpenter did these for me by my instructions. One box holds approximately 100 records. Price per box was 25 euros.

Those look great.

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post

[IMG][/IMG]
                              Looks great! Nice lining, good work but I would agree some handles might be needed!

Comment

Working...
                              X