'Holy Mountain' OST - which version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Holy Mountain' OST - which version?

I've seen that Finders Keepers have just released 'The Holy Mountain - The Original Soundtrack' on double vinyl LP, but that there is also a US double vinyl LP issue with the same tracklisting on ABKCO/Real Gone from 2014 entitled 'The Film Of Alejandro Jodorowsky The Holy Mountain Soundtrack'.

Any ideas on what the differences are (if any)? I'm sure the FK edition will have a splendid array of liner notes: the RG website says of its release 'Both LP and CD Releases Feature Liner Notes by New York Times Contributor Eric Benson Featuring Exclusive Quotes from Jodorowsky Along with Copious Production Stills'

Which one to buy?
    OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

The FK one, obviously, because I reckon getting the US one shipped will cost at least $20 - making it a prohibitively expensive acquisition.

Comment

Stay faithful!

FK all the way!
      <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

You know I haven't bought a Finders Keepers record in ages. Still have a few, but don't buy the new ones. Not a comment on the releases of course, just my buying patterns.
        Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by Viva Chiba View Post
          The FK one, obviously, because I reckon getting the US one shipped will cost at least $20 - making it a prohibitively expensive acquisition.
          I've spotted one of the ABKCO/Real Gone in the capital, at roughly the same price as the FK...
          OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Townsend View Post
            Stay faithful!

FK all the way!
            with Ian
            Rockwell
            Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Townsend View Post
              Stay faithful!

FK all the way!
              Originally posted by Sie-Fly View Post
              with Ian
              there are other labels?

Comment

Finders Keepers version - heard it over the weekend... some top stickers, quality tote bag and a pressing that it flawless... it's a badger ;-)
                "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

Green red or purple?
                  All the Wolpertingers

Comment

FK have nice design.

I skipped the bag option to get them locally, save on international post, use some store credit and I was avoiding El Topo which I already have on CD and which TBH is a bit of a one tracker for me.
                    Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Slight thread hijack... is that heavy rocking track, the one used when they're touring the weapons factory, on the lp in full? There's only a short bit in the film and I want to hear the rest of it!

Oh, and back on topic, FK 4 life, unless it is ridiculously more expensive.
                      http://www.mixcloud.com/garethhayes/
                      http://www.mixcloud.com/BangShangALang/
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/197897397221/

Comment

Working...
                      X