Komeda covered in the 60s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Komeda covered in the 60s?

Odd question perhaps, but is anyone familiar with covers of Komeda tunes recorded while the composer was alive? Was just listening to Hank Jones & Oliver Nelson's 1966 recording of "Cul-de-Sac" and it's rather marvellous and would like to hear more from the same era...

The mind expanders - what's happening lp has a really nice version of cul-de-sac theme. From the late 60's (no date on label)

Bemibem on muza 1974 track matnia covers the same theme with vocals in a bossa/lounge/novi stylee. Good record throughout.

They're both on youtube.

Comment

Chris Parmenter - cul de sac is mid 60's I think
      ...Dreamtime coming

Comment

Bemibek - great little Polish ep
        http://www.discogs.com/Bemibek-Bemibek/release/1754027
        Countless versions of Rosemary's Baby out there ............
        Rockwell
        Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by leebrady View Post
          The mind expanders - what's happening lp has a really nice version of cul-de-sac theme. From the late 60's (no date on label)

Bemibem on muza 1974 track matnia covers the same theme with vocals in a bossa/lounge/novi stylee. Good record throughout.

They're both on youtube.

missed your post Lee - but i'm not deleting mine !! how are you mate ?
          Rockwell
          Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

I have that MINDEXPANDERS LP - great version of "cul de sac" along with a few other groovers too. Worth seeking out
            Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

There are loads of contemporary covers of 'lullaby from rosemary's baby'...

Comment

Working...
              X