Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To divorce her..........or to eviscerate her......?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To divorce her..........or to eviscerate her......?

I won a copy of London Jazz Four 'Take A New Look At The Beatles' on eBay at the weekend for a price I was more than happy with. Been looking forward to getting it all week and then I get this today:

"Hi Ben,
    i'm afraid i have had to issue a refund for the London Jazz 4 album you recently bought from me. The batch of records that i had sold over the weekend were taken wrongly, by my wife, to a local charity shop on Tuesday!! I've managed to rescue some, but not all!!! Sadly this one has found its way into someone elses hands. I'm really sorry Ben. I've given you a full refund - see your paypal.
    Many thanks and apologies. Billy"

There couldn't be too many judges in the land who would convict you for disembowelling the daft bint for that. Them lot with ovaries just don't get it, do they?

Ho hum. So, I've not lost out per se, but I'm rather disappointed and the waiting game begins again. Chalk it up to the ever growing list of eBay-related mishaps.

I've got some flexi booked tomorrow and had been reading through old CSCs (I'd recommend it, they're still very entertaining) which inspired me to have a bash at my own mini CSC tomorrow. I'd like to think that I'm now owed a decent break tomorrow. Pfffft!!
    Jet Boy stole my baby.

Ouch, I feel your pain mate....Good luck in the charities tomorrow.
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Speaking as a female with a collection of about 3000 albums gathered over 20 years of collecting I do understand your frustration over losing a record this way but imho uttering serious threats towards women (let alone over lost records) and wishing bodily harm is no way to vent your frustration in a public forum.
      Lighten up a bit, it's only a record pal.
      Also, did it cross your mind perhaps that the seller is bullsh!ting you, changed him mind and made up a silly excuse to avoid selling you the record?
      Everything in Greece is arpa kolla

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie View Post
        Also, did it cross your mind perhaps that the seller is bullsh!ting you, changed him mind and made up a silly excuse to avoid selling you the record?
        THIS!!!!!!!!!

Had you clocked this earlier, you could've saved yourself all that female murder fantasy angst as well.
        To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie View Post
          That was my take on it too - story sounds pretty unlikely somehow.
          Boy George knew my father

Comment

Bad luck Ben. Sounds like a bit of backpedalling by the seller. I've had it before where I've won items for an absolute steal, and they mysteriously don't turn up and I get the slightly deflating refund. The (obviously,so why point it out) Basil Fawlty style diatribe seems to have ruffled a few feathers. I showed it to Mrs Treeboy who got it in that context straight away. She has one box of 45s from her teens incidentally if we are comparing who has the largest c********n.
            You can borrow my well used shit (oops!) storm umbrella if you like.
            Everyone tear down your own little wall
            That keeps you from being a part of it all
            Because you've got to be one with the one and all
            You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by Benicio Del Toffo View Post
              Them lot with ovaries just don't get it, do they?
              Maybe they're the sensible ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Victor X Storm View Post
                Maybe they're the sensible ones?
                The older I get, the more that becomes apparent.
                Everyone tear down your own little wall
                That keeps you from being a part of it all
                Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

I've got a copy of this you can have for nowt Ben - it's VG but not too bad. If you're interested drop me a PM & I'll have a root around and see if I can find it...
                  Last edited by Tom B; 18-09-2015, 07:54 AM.

Comment

seller sounds like a liar imo
                    Rockwell
                    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                      I've got a copy of this you can have for nowt Ben - it's VG but not too bad. If you're interested drop me a PM & I'll have a root around and see if I can find it...
                      What a top dude!
                      Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by Sie-Fly View Post
                        seller sounds like a liar imo
                        Yeah, that's a new one, "wife donated it to charity". What's wrong with "the dog chewed on it"?
                        ------------------------------------------------------
                        "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                          Only yesterday I was thinking "I wonder how Tom is, haven't seen him for ages?"

And now I know - he's superb! Good man.
                          Back and to the left... back and to the left... back and to the left

Comment

my ex wife brought it to the charity is the new my dog ate it.

you are lucky you didnt get this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Halbe-Schalp...p2047675.l2557
                            All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Originally posted by Cacapo View Post
                              I don't speak German. Does the description say "Some Assembly Required"?
                              https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

Working...
                              X