Javier Krahe RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javier Krahe RIP

Only when John Peel passed away I felt as gutted as today when I learn that Javier Krahe has just died. There are some people you think they are always going to be there and then...

Javier Krahe, imho, was the best songwriter and the best poet Spain ever had. His songs, written always following poetry metre, were the most fun and intelligent ones ever produced in spanish.

Que la tierra te sea leve, Javier.

¡A tope con la vida!

A real shame. He was a legend. Spain's answer to Georges Brassens for those who aren't familiar.

Last night all the main TV channels mentioned his passing, carefully omitting the details of more controversial parts of his career including the 'cristo' (though one did play a bit of cuervo ingenuo). The fact that the media still try to bury his message means to me that he's as subversive as ever.

"THIS IS A FINE TAPE AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR WHEN THE MUSIC WORLD WAS GOOD AND NOT FOULED UP BY THE LONG HAIR SCURVES WHO JUST BEAT WILDLY ON ANYTHING AND COME UP WITH A LOT OF STUPID NOISE THat only damnfools and liars say they like it"

Comment

Originally posted by eclectiktronik View Post
      Last night all the main TV channels mentioned his passing, carefully omitting the details of more controversial parts of his career including the 'cristo' (though one did play a bit of cuervo ingenuo). The fact that the media still try to bury his message means to me that he's as subversive as ever.
      No surprises there then He was a real iconoclast, neither the left or the right were comfortable with his views. A real free man who choose to live his life the way he wanted and was never shy of saying what he thought. There is not many people like him.

¡A tope con la vida!

Comment

My partner's deeply upset and I haven´t told her about Greece yet (she´s avoiding the news in disgust) . I was going to bake a Jesus for dinner tonight in memory but she´ll probably throw it at the wall.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I also feel like "what's the point" today I have lost all the little faith I had in Europe after reading Varoufakis' account of the negotiations and then someone as incredible and inspirational as Krahe dies.

Last edited by Carlitos; 13-07-2015, 06:59 PM. Reason: grammar, enemy of the stream of consciousness narrative
          ¡A tope con la vida!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
            My partner's deeply upset
            This concert he played in February will cheer her up.

¡A tope con la vida!

Comment

Working...
            X