Euros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euros

For anyone planning a trip in the not too distant future to the Eurozone, with the off chance of picking up some records, the current exchange rate is mighty tempting. The pound is at a seven year high! Will it go any higher? Who knows? What if I bag my Euros now only to be "caught out" as the pound goes sailing off again. Should I be satisfied that the current rate is a very good one, or sit tight for a while?
    I know there are people reading this thinking along the same lines. What do you reckon chaps?
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
    For anyone planning a trip in the not too distant future to the Eurozone, with the off chance of picking up some records, the current exchange rate is mighty tempting. The pound is at a seven year high! Will it go any higher? Who knows? What if I bag my Euros now only to be "caught out" as the pound goes sailing off again. Should I be satisfied that the current rate is a very good one, or sit tight for a while?
    I know there are people reading this thinking along the same lines. What do you reckon chaps?
    I got my holiday cash out a few months back when it was circa 1.37 to the £ thinking it just can't go any higher - show's what a lousy capitalist I am...

Comment

Come to Sweden and spend on Swedish progg/psych! You get 13.5 Swedish Krona atm for the £, it was 10 two years ago.
      Conversely, getting records from the UK here is prohibitively expensive right now, espec when you count postage.
      ------------------------------------------------------
      "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by cratedigger View Post
        getting records from the UK here is prohibitively expensive right now, espec when you count postage.
        Agreed, I abandon buying from the UK a month or so back... with a few exception... if it keeps going like this, Utrecht in November will be a veritable feast for UK buyers ;-)
        "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

Best pace yourselves chaps

Comment

Surely your bag has room for one waffer tin flexi disc Sir?
            Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

I'd say buy now.
              Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Looking a bit grim all round on foreign buys at the moment! What happened to the Euro of a couple of months back? I checked a watched item in my eBay account, it's fairly expensive, but I've left it there to see how it does. BIN has gone up a fiver over a couple of weeks! Yen is down to 2014 rates.
                Oh well, should save me a bit of money, as I'll be keeping my head down a bit until things pick up.
                Good for you chaps abroad picking up UK stuff though

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
                  Looking a bit grim all round on foreign buys at the moment! What happened to the Euro of a couple of months back? I checked a watched item in my eBay account, it's fairly expensive, but I've left it there to see how it does. BIN has gone up a fiver over a couple of weeks! Yen is down to 2014 rates.
                  Oh well, should save me a bit of money, as I'll be keeping my head down a bit until things pick up.
                  Good for you chaps abroad picking up UK stuff though
                  The pound's not doing well against the Euro, or dollars, because of uncertainty about the UK leaving the EU.
                  "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
                    The pound's not doing well against the Euro, or dollars, because of uncertainty about the UK leaving the EU.
                    I'm fucking sick of Britain's uncertainty with the EU.
                    The UK is like a bassist in a band who insists on playing his own crappy songs, having his own dressing room, not wearing the stage costumes and still moans all the time. For 40 years.
                    As it is, Cameron's concessions the other week will potentially affect me and almost certainly mean my lad will earn less than a Brit if he gets work over there.

Sling yer hook, England.
                    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Must admit, I find it embarrassing watching the news at the moment. I'm surprised the Eu community hasn't echoed your thoughts Babycart. Spoilt brat spings to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                        As it is, Cameron's concessions the other week will potentially affect me and almost certainly mean my lad will earn less than a Brit if he gets work over there.
                        In what way will it affect you and why would your son earn any less than a British person if he comes and works here ?
                        The only concessions he got were regarding state benefits
                        genuinely interested to know

Comment

Originally posted by reza View Post
                          In what way will it affect you and why would your son earn any less than a British person if he comes and works here ?
                          The only concessions he got were regarding state benefits
                          genuinely interested to know
                          In order to avoid discrimination, Cameron will almost certainly have to apply the brake on in-work tax credits to UK citizens returning from living in EU countries.

If I return and get a low-paid job, that means the brake will apply to me. I'm not planning to return, but you never know - and I do know for certain that many Brits return every year.

My son's Spanish and won´t qualify anyway, being under 25, but if he waits a few years and then goes over, he'll certainly end up earning less than a British native worker of the same age.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...british-expats
                          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Oh I see so even though your a brit as you havn't been contributing tax/nat ins in the uk you'd be treated the same as any new EU immigrant if you return re in work tax credit or even for a basic claim for unemployment, blimey

Comment

Originally posted by reza View Post
                              Oh I see so even though your a brit as you havn't been contributing tax/nat ins in the uk you'd be treated the same as any new EU immigrant if you return re in work tax credit or even for a basic claim for unemployment, blimey

Yes to tax credits. I don´t object to being treated like an EU immigrant (although plenty will) - if the UK wants to discriminate against immigrants, then it should apply to me too. But it's still discrimination.
                              Don´t know about unemployment.
                              Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X