Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discogs

I will have a few records spare soon.
    been using ebay since 2001, but its taking too much money now.
    so I want to look at discogs.
    not really sold or used it much, is it easy enough to sell on there?

(ive probably asked this before)
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

Short answer - yes!

Even easier if the exact release you are selling has been added to the database already, just click the 'Sell' button, specify your sleeve/record grades, name your price, and Bingo! Also, no listing fee, and the selling fee is not taken until you actually sell the item
    OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Comment

ok
      I think ill try it out.
      ill stick 10 records up and see what happens
      instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Bear in mind you may not sell as fast as Ebay, so always good to price accordingly. Obv cheaper they are, quicker they should sell. And always good to try and be conservative as possible with grading. Some peoples VG+ is not what your VG+ may be, so saves some headaches.

Comment

yeah, I tend to only sell stuff that's ex, vg stuff all goes in the pound box
          instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

I've sold a few things on Discogs and everyone I've dealt with has been great. Friendly/ no hassles.
            I set my 'minimum buyer rating' percentage very high though - at 98%.... ie I don't accept orders from anyone under 98% positive.
            galaxy of fallon to telepath 1

Comment

Originally posted by bradx View Post
              ie I don't accept orders from anyone under 99% positive.
              I cant buy from you then , I've got one "revenge" buyer negative from someone I left a negative for because he sent a £100 record in a plastic bag, not one bit of cardboard in sight!
              Too high

Comment

Actually - I just checked and it's 98% ... but yeah I get what yr saying. You could probably get that neg removed if you asked them.... revenge feedback isn't permitted.

Selling isn't life or death to me.... I like it to be fun. I just don't want to be nickel and dimed by chancers.
                I'm sure my strategy throws out some good potential buyers ... but that's how it is atm.
                Last edited by bradx; 22-07-2015, 05:36 PM. Reason: poor grammar
                galaxy of fallon to telepath 1

Comment

The vast majority of buyers on Discogs get negative feedback for failing to pay for records. I don't mind if they haven't paid other people so long as they pay me, and it's zero effort after a few days to cancel the sale and relist if they haven't come through, so can't see the point in screening them out.

Comment

Yes, dropped mine down cos some buyer wanted a record, havent put it back, but had no problems. My only negative feedback is from when I couldn't find a bleeding record that I had for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by bennyboy View Post
                      Yes, dropped mine down cos some buyer wanted a record, havent put it back, but had no problems. My only negative feedback is from when I couldn't find a bleeding record that I had for sale.
                      Me too - I've got a few too many neutrals for lost records.

Comment

Discogs is great. I've sold loads of stuff and onyl encountered one or two douches.

However I haven't managed to get discogs to remove a shitty negative feedback from a guy who wanted a refund and did not want to return a record. He said he'd leave negative feedback otherwise. Even though I knew the record was fine as I had recorded it fully as I was in two minds about selling. So he accepted a refund and then left bad feedback. Which seems very sketchy. But it is still there.

Plenty of people order stuff on a whim and then don't pay. So I don't worry too much about that. If someone has negs that look more like the above scenario I'd be warier.
                        Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Yes to discogs. So far its all good, I have left ebay a few years ago and never looked back. It's amazing how many really obscure records I find already listed on there which makes things a hell of a lot easier. The only thing I find hard to sell are more common US things where you end up being the 10th seller or so.
                          All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Yeah, but thats ok - shipping costs mean I always look for the closest seller first. Record might be more expensive than the US, but a lot cheaper when you add p&p.

Comment

Discogs rules for buying and selling, Ebay sucks big time!
                              "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Working...
                              X