Selling Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling Collection

Bit of a controversial one here... but I'm thinking selling my record collection as I need some serious C.A.$.H.

Approximately 2000 lp's, lots of rare 70's collectables in mainly Jazz, Krautrock, Brazil, Dub etc

I'm thinking digitising the most important ones for my iTunes so I can still enjoy them.

Now if anyone here went through a similar experience getting rid of their collection and getting the most out of it, please discuss.

I'm wondering if I should go to a record fair, contact a dealer/reseller, or list on eBay or Discogs the most valuable ones?
    Last edited by foxx; 27-07-2015, 11:55 PM.

¡A tope con la vida!

Comment

Cheap/common ones = do a record fair, boot sale or sell in bulk to a private buyer/dealer
      Expensive/in demand ones = Discogs
      Really expensive/really in demand = Ebay
      it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
      take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

I've nearly finished digitising my jungle 12's. It's took an age and some... i make wav files and clean them up in sound forge and since I have serato if I ever want to play them I can throw them into that.
        My theory was i never play them and a lot of them go for decent money it seems and while I don't particularly need the money I could use the funds for other records.

But maybe I'll regret it...

Comment

I don't know why people digitise their stuff most of it is on Soulseek
          Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

Originally posted by eclipsechaser View Post
            I don't know why people digitise their stuff most of it is on Soulseek
            If most of your collection is on soulseek you probably should sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by No, LordNo View Post
              If most of your collection is on soulseek you probably should sell it.
              Yep!

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
                Cheap/common ones = do a record fair, boot sale or sell in bulk to a private buyer/dealer
                Expensive/in demand ones = Discogs
                Really expensive/really in demand = Ebay
                Indeed what I was thinking and what I will go for.
                In the process of digitising and listing on eBay a few rarities.

Comment

isn't everything on soulseek?
                  instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-K View Post
                    isn't everything on soulseek?
                    no, that's my point. most of my collection certainly isn't.

Comment

what kind of weird music do you listen to then?
                      instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

what kind of weird music do you listen to then?
                        im mostly referring to my ethnographic records. most of which havent been digitised by anyone, but im sure i have some blues, gospel records that aren't on soulseek also.

Comment

I would like to trim my collection. I don't want to slash and burn ... but getting rid of say a third would be good.
                          I'm moving house soon. Its going to be a nightmare.
                          I find it easy to sell cds but I can't sell vinyl. Don't know why. Every time I do a record fair I can't get rid of it.
                          Unless I massively underprice it.
                          If I stall out with cds I can sell my entire stock.
                          I don't know what soulseek is, never heard of it. Quickly googled it but my eyes glazed over.
                          galaxy of fallon to telepath 1

Comment

I moved house this month, it was a nightmare.
                            too many records, cds and dvds.
                            though now im in Im glad I didn't sell anything. I can now sell with a clear head.
                            I think digitising is worth it for rare stuff. but anything that been released on cd might as well just be downloaded.
                            instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

I think digitising is worth it for rare stuff. but anything that been released on cd might as well just be bought for 25p at a car boot sale, played once then left in the car all summer
                              fify
                              https://oneboxrecordfair.wordpress.com/
                              http://twitter.com/#!/obrftokyo
                              https://instagram.com/obrftokyo/
                              https://www.facebook.com/Its-Time-Fo...5685810999497/

Formerly, lecturer at the University of Rome, with two commas and a full stop in the normal way.

(=^ェ^=)

Comment

Working...
                              X